"Intro" level active loudspeakers
    Tech Guru

Default "Intro" level active loudspeakers

So I've been looking at some powered loudspeakers and wanting to know if anyone has experience with the following speakers.

I'm willing to spend a little more money if it is worth it and will basically I will be looking on craigslist/ebay for the next few months.

Anyways the choices are between about 3 or 4 companies:

Electrovoice elx112/115
    Mackie thumps
    Mackie 1530s, pretty expensive but seem to be alot of used ones for sale.
    QSC hpr153i
    QSC k8/k10
    JBL prx series

Thought about jbl eons but they actually don't seem worth it for the price to quality.

Anyways, just want to know if anyone owns these or used them at a gig and want to know the impressions.

Hoping to steal a deal for around 800 bucks and right now the EV ELX115p are the top choice due to price/performance.

Thanks

QSC look up on proaudiostar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Auro-D412-Two-Way-Active-Speaker/dp/B0042WN6QM"]Amazon.com: Auro D412 Two-Way Active Speaker: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/217XOqqUE%2BL.@@AMEPARAM@@217XOqqUE%2BL[/ame]

Tech Mentor

Go with the electrovoice ones. I've done a huge research and they are the best choise IMO.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

The QSC hpr/k/kw are of such quality, they almost seem to have become an industry standard over the past several years in my area. Any person in the market for quality active speakers ends up going with them. Also, they offer a 6 year warranty, which for mobile speakers, is unheard of. I have the HPR 12's and a KW 18, and couldn't be happier. I've been using the tops every week for 4+ hours, and really pushed them a lot with no problems. Same thing with the sub, but I've only had that for about a year now, compared to the HPR's, which I've had about 3 years. With that warranty, you can't beat what you get for the money.

PS - EV is always a good choice too. My first vote still goes to QSC right now though.