Ecler Evo 5 - DB4 Mode

Default Ecler Evo 5 - DB4 Mode

OK this is just the bare beginning of what I hope will eventually be a really cool mapping for the Ecler Evo 5 mixer. For this to work it requires channels 1 and 4 be set to MIDI mode and 2 + 3 are set to decks A + B on Traktor. This mapping sets the hi/mid/low controls for channels 1 and 2 to act like the filter controls on the Allen + Heath DB4. Hit the PFL button on channel 1 and it should turn on FX Unit 3 for Deck A and set it to Filter-92. The high knob adjusts the high-pass, the mid adjusts resonance, and the low adjusts the low pass filter. This behavior is mirrored on channel 4 using Deck B and FX Unit 4.

Basically I can't afford a DB4 but I wanted to be able to mix with filters in a more advanced way than Traktor really permits with the onboard filter knobs. The F-92 effect is much better as a filter sound than either of the built in filters, and of course the advanced effect gives you a lot more control than a single knob.

Warning - mixing this way isn't as easy as it might seem; it sounds like crap if you're not careful, and you need to remember where the knobs should be to turn the filters off. But as I'm starting to get the hang of it, it allows for some cool mixes that aren't possible with EQ alone.

Now if there was any way to use these knobs to trigger the filter effect built into the Evo rather than Traktor's filters but that's another story....

Anyway this is just the beginning hopefully; I'm trying to get my head around the best way to make use of the midi controls on the mixer without using up two channels as I currently am for this.

Cheers!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Hi, i just saw this, did you by any chance made an update for 2.5 or something????? thx in advance
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Hi, I'm also Vero interesser in an Update of this mapping. Are you still working on it?
    ECLER EVO 5★★TRAKTOR KONTROL X1★★2x TECHNICS SL1210 MK.2

I haven't changed anything in the mapping since I posted it - have been using a different mixer since then. It should work fine in 2.6 though; give it a shot. If not, it's easy to replicate the mapping; I'm just using the F-92 Traktor effect (which has LP, HP, and RES) -- set LP to the hi knob, RES to the mid, and HP to the low. A bit of trouble to get the effect on and set on the right deck; you assign that stuff to the PFL button, and bam - Filter EQ on the Evo5.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan