Problem: Traktor effects not in "sync" until I unsync a track and resync it.
    Tech Convert

Default Problem: Traktor effects not in "sync" until I unsync a track and resync it.

This has been a persistent annoyance for me for a long time and up until now I've just shrugged my shoulders and blown it off. I figured I might finally try to seek some answers about it. There are certain effects in Traktor which I use a lot i.e. Gater and Beatslicer. Sometimes (read: random and not for any consistent reason that I'm aware of) after loading a new track, effects are completely off grid and sound terrible until I unsync the track and resync it again. It doesn't seem to relate to which track is master. It's gotten to the point where I routinely always unsync and sync each track after I load it just to be safe, though sometimes I have to do it more than once. In any case, it has on more than one occasion destroyed the fluidity of my mix when I'm trying to remix tracks on the fly with the beatslicer. Is there an easy explanation or fix for this? Is there something I can add to my mapping to remedy this problem or do I need to just keep manually going through the process every time?

take a look to see if you are using your master clock as the tempo master, instead of the deck you are playing as the master.

the fx's are probably syncing with the master clock's tempo, instead of the deck that is playing.

Tech Convert

I have it set to auto, so the deck that's been playing longest is always automatically set to master. Either way, it seems it should be independent of what the "master" is if my playing deck is synced to the master anyway, right? The problem is that the effects don't seem to sync to whatever the master is until I hit unsync and sync again.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'm always using master clock to sync my tracks and never had any issues with syncing effects unless the grid is off the beat.

Tech Convert

I'll try that; not my preference to have it that way, though worth a shot and I guess I can adjust if it works

The Fx should work with the clock on auto. Why you are having this problem, I couldn't say. I would call NI and see what they suggest.

Tech Convert

I mucked around for an hour syncing to the master clock and wasn't able to reproduce the problem so I guess that might be my fix, thanks again Stewe