Speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speakers

Tech Mentor

Default Speakers

**I included a lot of info just so I wouldn't leave anything out***
    I know i have posted a bunch of forums concerning this issue but i feel like it gets a lot of good ideas on the table. I'd like to preemptively thank you all for your help i appreciate it.
    So I have a budget for Speakers about 550... Thats what i have.. (actually I'm banking on my drum set selling for 25 dollars less then the price its for online) Right now I'm a teenager who does some small house parties in basements where all the music needs to be: is loud. What i use right now on my unbelievably small budget is two huge piano amps that the guy who i dj with has had for a while. Eventually we will be doing some bigger shows such a dance studio that has teen parities and such. Soooo anyways I will get paid for more parties but i need to buy new speakers because i might not always have the piano amps. Im ok with building up.. so do u guys think it might be a good idea to buy one great speaker now and the other later. (Active) or one amp and speaker and buy the other speaker later...or should i just get a pair of crappy speakers and then buy a nicer system later....

Maybe one http://www.proaudiostar.com/mackie-t...e-speaker.html or a jbl 10 inch any ideas??? Thanks everyone
    Last edited by djgringo; 08-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Tech Mentor

Pro audio star offered me 578 for a pair of jackie thump 15a speakers...

I would definitely recommend you not to compromise on speakers. I've always done that and now that I have propper ones (KRK RP's) I kind of regret never gotten them before.

If you're budget is tight, Try to score some second hand ones for a great deal or as you suggested yourself, get one propper one first and get the other one as soon as you've got the cash for it.

Really, There's a whole new world of sound, enjoyment and more sofisticated techniques once you get the right speakers.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

i paid 700ish for my behrs and i love em (15" 550 watt active powered speakers)

seriously, sit tight for like another few weeks and work your ass off then just buy something nice, or just one for now and run it in mono. those things kill it

for a temp fix for what you need if your playing bigger places is the HA-60, more than enough for house parties/decent sized rooms. ($200 ish)

EDIT: the thumps are alright (IMO) i personally found em too muddy. but they will suit your purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    i paid 700ish for my behrs and i love em (15" 550 watt active powered speakers)

seriously, sit tight for like another few weeks and work your ass off then just buy something nice, or just one for now and run it in mono. those things kill it

for a temp fix for what you need if your playing bigger places is the HA-60, more than enough for house parties/decent sized rooms. ($200 ish)
    I was just offered 289 each for a jackie thump15a do u think i should take one now and the other later have u heard good things?

i didnt like the thumps. they were too bassy for my tastes. which is why i went with the behringers.

the 15's were the same price (ish) as the 12" thumps and i personally liked the way they sounded better.

go to guitar center and play with them
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Quick q...same subject best 10 or 15 inch cabinet... The EVs look great so do the QSC and JBL which one should i go with.... loud quality durability and putting price into consideration would be nice.... (my budget got raised )))]

If QSC is in your budget, I don't see any others comparing recently. That is the king of quality. You'll get a lot more with something like Behringer though.

Tech Wizard

Why not the RFC's?

http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/RCF-AR...p/ART312-A.htm

If you search around you can find them cheaper or second hand.

Tech Mentor

because they are only 35o watts so says thishttp://www.rcf.it/products/pro-speaker-systems/art-series/art-312-a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast