Micro DJ controllers? :P - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've had great success with TouchOSC and my iphone for this kind of application.

I made a custom mapping, etc for MixVibes Cross....and although there are plenty of free traktor templates out there, I'll be porting this one over to Traktor as well, with a basic FX page as well.

Soundcard, iphone, laptop. Nice and portable.

http://www.viperfunk.com/free-custom-touchosc-template/

Tech Guru

In personal experience someone djing with an iphone looks a bit funny, at least an ipad looks a bit more professional, people will think you are texting the whole night on an iphone, plus what happends if someone rings??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

lol - you turn the phone off when you use it for controllin.

I hear you - but also gotta say that in the context of using a microcontroller in a tight situation it works great.

If you're in a situation where you're concerned what people think of the gear you're using, and that it might affect your name/brand...then I wouldn't wanna be caught using any micro controller tbh.

I'm thinking, friends house party in a pinch at 2 AM, or on a road trip at campin trip, or something.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    lol - you turn the phone off when you use it for controllin.

I hear you - but also gotta say that in the context of using a microcontroller in a tight situation it works great.

If you're in a situation where you're concerned what people think of the gear you're using, and that it might affect your name/brand...then I wouldn't wanna be caught using any micro controller tbh.

I'm thinking, friends house party in a pinch at 2 AM, or on a road trip at campin trip, or something.
    ahh yeah sorry didnt completely read the original post, yeah that would be ideal even a page of faders with a few keyboard keys mapped.

personally for this I use my ipad on its own with djay works fairly good when mixing isnt really too much of an issue although you can still get some pretty decent results.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Truly...you know what....if I owned an iPad - guarantee I woulda recommended that

I so want one.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Ipad or X1 for me

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Truly...you know what....if I owned an iPad - guarantee I woulda recommended that

I so want one.
    Oh for a mini controller with traktor id pick a nanokontrol 2 over the ipad, i dont use ipad as a controller since I find it too glitchy setting it up on either laptops,

Got the kontrol 2 the other day for sample decks with the faders working as volume controls and the three buttons as load, trigger and play/pause, then the transport controls for the loop recorder forward and rewind to pick sizes and all with led feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    Got the kontrol 2 the other day for sample decks with the faders working as volume controls and the three buttons as load, trigger and play/pause, then the transport controls for the loop recorder forward and rewind to pick sizes and all with led feedback
    does it have midi led feedback on the buttons for each channel as well as the transport controls? i might have to get one then, i dont *think* the nanokontrol1 has led feedback for those...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    The best Micro DJ Controller EVAH!

I'm doing crazy mappings with TouchOSC and sometime latter I will join the MIDITouch Crew to try their in-iPAD mapping editor too...

I'm loving it to the bit, and for live gigs I use it together with a Mixer for lot's of tactile control and still a good touch interface

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    what about a korg nano kontrol?? not sure about the 2nd model but the first had 4 pages that can be mapped however, had buttons fadders and knobs and black looks pretty kool
    I have two of them, love them and now I'm moved to iPAD, but I still want to make some use of them to controll sample decks together with my ipad and external mixer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast