Micro DJ controllers? :P
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Micro DJ controllers? :P

I love my RMX+APC40 setup that I got going right now, but Ive been thinking, wouldn't it be nice to have a small midi controller that you can always carry with you? Idk maybe your friend asks if you do DJ on the spot at a house party or something, you can just whip it out and Jam to an extent.

I found this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S8AU2I/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_g267_i7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0D ER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1BPYXZXY8WCTDZFW1QH1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Numark DJ to Go Midi Controller: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41pRT0HL1wL.@@AMEPARAM@@41pRT0HL1wL[/ame]
    It seems nice, I would drop the pitch fades and the load buttons in favor for some room for actual volume faders, and some some buttons to map cue points or loops to.

Would you want a micro DJ controller? Are there any other ones out there? :P

Thanks!
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

Tech Wizard

I almost bought one of these but ended up getting the mixtrack instead, the DJ to go was 60 and the mixtrack was 115. Its small enough to fight in my backpack if I decide to take it somewhere.

i did so i bought an icon idj: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34480

it's micro and has touch sensitive jogs that respond really well - stacks of pots and buttons u can map too.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

what about a korg nano kontrol?? not sure about the 2nd model but the first had 4 pages that can be mapped however, had buttons fadders and knobs and black looks pretty kool
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

or for a cheap+portable solution that doesn't look like a toy (ok - the ipad doesn't either but is f*cking expensive if all u want is a portable controller) just use a lpd8.

for 2 deck control you can use 4 pots per deck and using note+cc mode you can have 8 mappable pads per deck - before even needing to mess with the internal banks (that while a bit of pain to change might still be useful for such a portable controller)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Faderfox. Soooo brilliant. Couldn't live without them.

i've heard+read great things about the faderfox controllers but can't decide if i like the styling or not. they seem to actively want to look like kids toys...

funny, kid's toy was never my association. Mine was more that of an advanced DIY project, especially on the earlier models.
    That aside, these things are reliable and astonishingly powerful. Got a DJ1 and a DX2, and both were real lifesavers - just for the fact that I can always shove one of them in my gear bag and I had them with me when all else failed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast