"Racial Divider" Within Electronic Music??
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default "Racial Divider" Within Electronic Music??

I'm thinking about sending in a video to DJTT about the "Racial Divider" within electronic music,what do you think? What Ideas Do You Think I should bring to the table? I know this is a GREAT topic,and should be "Put Out" there,that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to what us dj's play....All based on/or judged by what our skin tone is?

-F E E D B A C K

Ps. I Hope This Topic Will Make It To The Front Page,and Is Discussed When The Video Is Posted

Seriously?

In the UK (or at least in Bristol) there is no 'racial divider' in the EDM/HipHop/Bass Music scene at all ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I don't get the question or what the term "racial divider" is supposed to mean. Do you mean something like black DJs don't often play Techno and white DJs don't often play RnB or Hip-Hop? I personally wouldn't be much interested in it. I don't think it has to do with race either. There are Chinese and Japaneese DJs that play the one or the other. Where is the racial component there?

I think music selection is more about ethnic cultures or groups. Have a read.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group"]Ethnic group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

And I'd say it is a fact of life on our wonderful earth and nothing superly good or bad about who plays what. So I don't see how it could also be a real topic for a heated discussion.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I dunno, I think the OP might have a point. For example, I don't see many non-white people in the local psytrance & hardcore scenes.

Tech Mentor

not interested....sorry

I know this is a GREAT topic[
    That's just, like, your opinion, man.

I seriously have never noticed or heard anyone mention any kind of "racial divide" in EDM. Its obviously something that is much more prevalent in non-EDM, but I don't think you need to write a pamphlet pointing out that rap is more focused with black people and country is more focused with white people.

Tell us a bit about yourself djspinnaspin (not necessarily your ethnicity). As a South African I've got lots of opinion, but less inclination to express it. Not sure where this is coming from. Or where it's going.
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 08-18-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    356 reasons why

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Why is "racial division" a bad thing? If all cultures had the same tastes and styles of music the world would be pretty bland. Plus what positive would an article like that have?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

No idea what you're talking about. These days a person's race means nothing.

Or do you mean that certain cultures prefer certain music? It's been that way since the beginning of time.

Yeah 'division' makes it sound like something from the cold war.

It's music - skin colour is irrelevent

Notice the correct spelling of colour my American friends
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast