Who wants to mix a bunch of tracks for me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who wants to mix a bunch of tracks for me?

If I were to upload a zip with 20-30 tunes in it, would anyone be interested in mixing them for me?

Reason being that I'm currently controller-less, I need a new mix to listen to whilst jogging and listening to someone elses mix of my favourite tunes would be cool to listen to (gets boring listening to your own mixes sometimes).

The tunes would be a mix of electro, progressive, nu-breaks, techno, house, etc - basically a real mishmash of different genres so you'd need to be good at blending different styles together well.

Anyone up for it? If so, post a soundcloud/mixcloud mix so I can hear your mixing style

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I'd be up for it .. always have a bit of fun mixing out of someone else's box

Soundcloud in my sig

House.

Tech Mentor

I'd be up for this as well. Sounds good.

Tech Guru

I'd do it also it would be interesting to see what everyone does with the same tracks. Wow I wonder what would happen if you say took the top 10 DJs in the world (who they are don't really matter for this) and give them each 30-50 tracks and said create a mix with using at least 30 seconds of each track and no other tracks/samples. How long they play each track and what FX/Tricks they use is up to them. Imagine how different each one would be.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

some nice mixes in this thread... lemme prepare the zip file over the weekend and I'll get back to one of you via PM

Been meaning to pull my finger out and get another mix done - might be fun to try a different perspective with someone else's choons. Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    I'd do it also it would be interesting to see what everyone does with the same tracks. Wow I wonder what would happen if you say took the top 10 DJs in the world (who they are don't really matter for this) and give them each 30-50 tracks and said create a mix with using at least 30 seconds of each track and no other tracks/samples. How long they play each track and what FX/Tricks they use is up to them. Imagine how different each one would be.
    We talked about doing this on the Global-Techno mailing list back in like 2001! Unfortunately at that time it would have been prohibitively expensive.

Ten years later, it seems like it'd be.. trivial. If someone started a DJTT "battle" based on this concept, where every participant picks a track or something, I'd participate...
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

the trouble is copyright though... unless the tracks are 'free' it'd be tricky to just upload a zip file of tunes and share it out with everyone.

I'm asking just 1 dj to do this privately for me, as a mix that only I will listen to. Said dj should obviously delete the mp3s once they've finished the mix for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast