Pioneer ddj t1 distorted sound :(
    Tech Student

Default Pioneer ddj t1 distorted sound :(

Howdy guys newbie here so sorry if this in the wrong section.

Couple of weeks ago i went and got my self the pioneer ddj t1 but since day one i've only had distorted sounds come out of it. I've been back & forth with pioneer tech to get them to try n and help but all they could say was try adjusting the buffer / latency. Which made it worse if anything. so i tried the controller on a friends comp and that worked fine. Since then i have played with my laptop by defaulting the comp to factory settings, upgrading the memory & upgrading from s**ty vista to windows 7 but still have the same problem. The only way i get a clear sound is when i dont use the ASIO driver and use my laptop sound card but that results in quiet laptop speaker. So its got to be the ASIO driver which isnt playing ball. Has anyone heard or read anything which could help resolve this for me.

Thanks in advance

Tech Student

ive done that and the shop set it up on there computer and it worked fine there and there saying they cant do anything because it must be my laptop but i cant see what could be wrong with my laptop tho

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by D-Brown View Post
    ive done that and the shop set it up on there computer and it worked fine there and there saying they cant do anything because it must be my laptop but i cant see what could be wrong with my laptop tho
    whats the laptops specs ?

have you tweaked anything ie. turned off your wireless , went into device manager, stopped services ect ??

Do the following see if it helps turn off your wifi / bluetooth ( disable in network connections and on/off switch ! )

in the search type msconfig open that then disable ALL start up programs and restart

this should help a great deal in most cases

also read this and download the bat file and run that

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

also

download this

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

see if you get red bars ???

good tip on that is to go into device manager and disable ACPI battery control

hope some of this helps

Its def ur laptop it it works fine on your friends setup
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--