Serato and Dicers USB port issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serato and Dicers USB port issue

Right - I picked up a cheap SL1 box t'other day (mate gets cheap gear from them, so it was virtually free) and the wife had kindly bought me a pair of dicers for my birthday

Issue is, they both seem to like the same USB port on my laptop, and the devices won't start in any of the other two (all USB ports are working, I've plugged my A8 and VCI 100 into the ohters since this issue started and they work fine)

If I plug the dicers into port A they work, but in B&C they just go into looping lights mode

If I plug the SL1 box into port A it's fine and Serato opens in 'playing' mode, but in B&C it will only go into track analyse mode ...

I'm in Windows 7 x64 Professional

Anyone got any idea how to fix this? Please Obi-wan you're my only hope ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Get a seperate POWERED usb hub
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    Get a seperate POWERED usb hub
    Yep, i'd recommend this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ce-full-site=1

Seriously, though - partial functionality like that typically does indicate insufficient power via usb.

Not quite sure why a powered hub would help? The laptop ha enough power to be capable of running an A8 and a VCI100SE at the same time, but not an SL1 and Dicers
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

It shouldn't, but its a possibility. The way you described the partial functionality is typical of insufficient power (apc40 for instance will light up but not work when partially powered), and I've used computers before that deliver full power on some ports but not others.

Ok, recommendations on a powered hub?

Cheers dude ...

Oh, and it sounds like a known issue with 'i' series PCs and multiple USB 1.1 devices ...

http://serato.com/faq/scratchlive#8025

so I've just as hub ...

this whole i series usb 1.1 is starting to get out of hand I wish windows/intel would fix this asap
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast