How to : make mpd 24 knobs into encoders - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

arent new AKAI firmware for MPD32 and maybe MPD26 supposed to have incremeental knob update?
    And I thought that apc40 with led rings have incremental knob?
    I am speechless...
    TouchOSC for androd/iPhone WIN/MAC+TSI ableton live...
    androidosc.webs.com

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Knob yes, but not encoder like the BCR (which I have too :P) .. the only one that can be used for lets say - platter control or pitch bend successfully on the APC is the cue level which is a true encoder.

From my limited knowledge on it, that MPD fix looks like it converts the function of the incremental knobs to act exactly the cue encoder or BCR ones ? Which would allow for much finer control of stuff - longer sweep.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by deevey; 08-19-2011 at 01:22 PM.

I am buying bcr2000...its final
    androidosc.webs.com

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

For the price you couldn't go wrong if you need the extra knobs Picked up mine for around $100 S/H boxed with everything, but with one dodgy encoder (easy to replace it)

There really is absolutely nothing in that price range that will give you that much rotary goodness and bang for buck. And the function editing is super ultra easy (keep a recent backup of the sysx though (apparently they "can" lose settings - haven't had it happen yet).

A lil bulky IMHO (could be MUCH flatter), and there is ALOT of extra space in the box, guess they wanted to keep the same build style as the BCD, BCF series, hell if it saves the consumer some $$

I don't know about those updates ( mpd 32 / 26 ), but i found out about sysexlybrarian when i last updated my 24, because the vysex software was too fast to send the sysex and so i almost bricked my mpd. Some hours after i knew why it wouldn't update and found the sysexlybrarian.
    After checking online, akai doesn't provide the firmware updates anymore, and i haven't found anything about encoders for the 32/26, but maybe there is a similar sysex to make it work like above.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

for firmware updates you have to go to this forum www.vyzor.com and ask for it and you have to tell them even WHY.
    androidosc.webs.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12