question for audio 8 dj owners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default question for audio 8 dj owners

so im impatiently waiting for my audio 8 to arrive, but out of curiosity while i wait, does anyone know if the headphone out put has its own channel?
    or is it shared with outputs a,b,c or d?
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

It's a monitor for Input 5/6 or output 7/8. There is a source selection button directly underneath the volume knob to select between these two options. So, it is not it's own channel.

Well, at least as far as I can tell. I've only had mine for a week.
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

awesome! thank you.
    how do you like it so far? are you using it with time coded vinyl or a controller?
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

Not yet. I just upgraded from Traktor 3.4 to Traktor Scratch Pro, and have had some bugs to work out in the process. I have only had the Audio 8 hooked up using the internal mixer. I have a track issue I'm currently fixing... Hopefully will test the time code tonight along with the new Batch file I created for XP. Also, I'm waiting for my VCI-100SE Arcade to come in... CAN'T WAIT!!

So far, it's works great. Traktor makes it easy to assign the inputs and outputs however you want.
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Asumming your using all of those outputs and mixing on an external mixer than you can just plug your headphones into your 4 channel mixer instead. So theres really no reason for cueing on your soundcard if your mixing externally.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I have had my Audio8 since it was released (bought it with the Traktor Scratch upgrade). I love it. It's loud, it's sturdy and it can be moved around without breaking. I don't use it with timecode anymore, and it works like a charm that way too.

My only gripe is my headphone port is a little shaky (might lose some signal) but I just shake it and it works. I think this is just my unit, though, and not all of them.

The headphone output is channel 7/8, but if you're using all of your channels to DJ you should probably be using an external mixer and you'll cue out of that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

well im going to be mixing internally with vci and externally with my decks on my xone 32. as far as external cuing goes, that was a no brainer, im not that slow hahah

i was just wondering how the outputs were routed. now that i think about it, kindof a pointless question...

anybody using the audio 8 with 2 tables and a cdj though?

How would you be using it? You can't use CD timecode and Vinyl timecode at the same time (I believe).

So if you have a four channel mixer then the audio8 wouldn't even be involved with the CD deck.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I was under the impression that you could in traktor pro, no?

That I don't know. Don't own CD decks to test either. Anyone else?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast