Record only in .Wav?

Default Record only in .Wav?

Long story short my mates keep moaning my mixes to big in file type as i always record as .wav in S4 and also when doing vinyl only mixes etc,

A) In traktor can you select the recording to be an mp3 instead of wav as i cant see any option?

B) If not whats best program to change wav to mp3, dont want any fancy stuff just a really user friendly load program open track and click convert. I though Mac had something built in ( i may be wrong) and cba to reinstall logic just yet!

Thanks
    -= DejaVoo =-

Numark TTX USB x2 / Numark m3 / Traktor S4 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Macbook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

iTunes. Drag song in, right click, convert to mp3. You'll need to set mp3 in import preferences first or the option will be convert to AAC.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Cheers mate, i read that itunes wasnt the best quality but hey ho il give it a shot now, mainly for soundcloud anyway make dl links smaller
    -= DejaVoo =-

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Pretty sure Soundcloud only streams at 128 anyway. iTunes will do just fine for what you want.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

works a treat nice 1
    -= DejaVoo =-

If you want to spend a few bucks and get something better, I highly recommend dbpoweramp. It allows batch converting, you can convert to a ton of different file types and is all around fantastic.