HP Touchpad tables CHEAP...any good DJ apps?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default HP Touchpad tables CHEAP...any good DJ apps?

Hey everyone, check out the following link, as HP is liquidating all of their tablets due to the discontinuation of their WebOS system.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3220862

I just bought a 32gb one and it made me think...are there any apps that could be used to DJ with?

This is not advertising, I'm not affiliated with any of the websites. If a mod is pissy about the URL, shoot me a PM and I'll remove it but you need not be crotchety enough in the first place IMO

Tech Guru

Thats incredible...Most of the links are sold out. I guess people will brew there own OS in the future.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Wizard

I am a University student, so I registered for the student account, re-clicked on the slickdeals link to the product, and it showed the discounted price. I then put in the coupon code and it worked.

There is also a military code floating around which has the same effect.

There are supposedly over 250,000 units still in HP warehouses, so I wouldnt worry too much if you can't order yet

Tech Mentor

yeah just tried to university thing myself as I too am a student, however they are sold out i think. At least it won't let me order. I was told the sale does not start until the 20th at 7 am est i will try then too

Tech Wizard

The 16gb models are indeed sold out. Stock should return soon. But back to the original question, does anyone know if any apps can be added to it?

Tech Guru

32 gb sold out also!
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

...I would not exactly expect any developers to continue or start doing WebOS apps now... Pretty sad, about HP and even Palm. The HP I knew is gone. Palm is gone.

Anyway, you should see some mileage out of those devices even if all the cool DJ/audio development is taking place with iPad apps.

$99 for a tablet is pretty sweet... and webos is a really nice OS imo. I'd get one just for browsing the web on the sofa and watching the odd film.

I wonder if this deal will come to the UK?

Tech Student

I just got one too....android will soon be ported over to the touchpad, so you know what that means.....TouchOSC boys

its in the uk now. comet.co.uk

You think this can be used with Traktor then?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast