deep tech house - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: deep tech house

Tech Wizard

hehe someone who gets me. i'll be glad to hear your opinion man thanks for taking the time

Banned

All kidding aside, the mix is lacking any sort of character, it's not dynamic in the least bit. How it starts is pretty much how it finishes. I would have liked to have seen more time spent on developing a groove and building up to something that you would remember.

I could blindly click to anywhere in the mix and not really be able to tell if it was the beginning, middle or end of the mix.

As for the title, "Deep Tech House"? Tech House yes, but far from Deep, not even close.

And why didn't you timestamp this mix? Mixcloud make it very easy to do it so there's no excuse not to.

Tech Wizard

hmm it did get interesting? Although I kinda got annoyed by the first few posts of you, I do am gratefull you took the time to listen and give me some advice. About the timestamp, I didn't think it would be necessary since there's a tracklisting included and at the time I was kinda hung over so didn't feel like doing that shit. However I know it's no excuse, but these songs were kinda new for me so I didn't know that well what I was building to during the set and after relistening the set I noticed you're right and I'll try and work on that. Thanks anyway.

Peace

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abel420 View Post
    it did get interesting?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by abel420 View Post
    Although I kinda got annoyed by the first few posts of you
    Bite me

= p

Tech Wizard

Though I find Nephew to be an arrogant and unsympathetic bastard (seriously dude, did your mother teach you to give feedback this way?), I do agree with some of his points;

- This is not exactly what deep house is like. Stroll around the internet a bit more (check out my channel or fb-page for example), deep house is much more calm, more downtempo and less repetitive. This is 100% pure tech-house.

- I kinda agree with the fact that the mix doesn't really have any variation. Try and use the bridges of songs (which they always have) a bit more, you'll be amazed with what that can already do to a dancefloor.

I did however enjoy the songs seperately. Trying to find them on the internet, but most of them are hard to find (which I find suprising). Would you mind sending me the songs you used through Zippyshare or something? Would love to check out the full versions and would also give a better perspective to how you've used them. In all; good track selection, but you could work on creating a story through your set.
    Last edited by Sonarious; 08-22-2011 at 03:33 AM.
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    I did however enjoy the songs seperately. Trying to find them on the internet, but most of them are hard to find (which I find suprising). Would you mind sending me the songs you used through Zippyshare or something?
    No illegal file sharing talk on here.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Oh yeah right, sorry 'bout that.
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Though I find Nephew to be an arrogant and unsympathetic bastard
    Arrogant? Maybe. Unsympathetic, possibly. He was asking for what people thought about his mix and I answered.

Sorry if I don't participate in all the back slapping and circle jerks that go on around here.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I personally don't think that unless you're prepared to spend at least 75% of the mix time just listening to the mix you probably shouldn't offer any feedback on that mix. How can you possibly offer any constructive criticism on a mix by just clicking through it? So any criticism Nephew gave should only be considered for the track listing not on the actual mixing skills. Now with that out of the way track selection is hugely a personal thing so you have to decide if you want to take the criticism to heart or not.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Banned

I did listen to the mix start to finish, I was just saying that if I were to click anywhere in that mix I wouldn't have been able to tell if it was the start, middle or end. By that I mean it's a very monolithic mix with no direction.

As for the mixing, it's adequate. I really don't see a need to criticize a set mix by mix as there's no reason for it not to be good now a days. Obviously if something jumped out like a galloping mix or something not making sense phasing wise then I would mention it obviously.

When I listen to sets, I'm looking more for how it feels, where it starts, how it ends and how we ended up there. If you can keep the listener enthralled start to finish and leave them wanting more you did a good job. But if your mix is very monotonous and lacks any character or dynamic capabilities, the listener is usually just patiently waiting for the mix to end or will more often just turn it off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast