deep tech house - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: deep tech house

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I personally don't think that unless you're prepared to spend at least 75% of the mix time just listening to the mix you probably shouldn't offer any feedback on that mix.
    And who the fuck are you to assume I didn't even listen to the whole mix start to finish? And even if you listen to only 75% of a mix, you still shouldn't give any critique on it.

It's kind of like only watching 3/4 of a film and not seeing the ending. How you can give your feelings on the film as whole? Sure you can say the acting was good, the FX where great and the cinematography was outstanding but you can't judge the film as a whole because you have no idea the story resolved and how everything was building up to it.

Actually if the first 10 minutes of a mix sucks, that's good feedback, too. Even if someone didn't listen it all the way to the end of this specific reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post

Sorry if I don't participate in all the back slapping and circle jerks that go on around here.
    next time don't be a dick...cause that's exactly what you were being...

sorry that you are such a fantastic DJ starting with the first mix you laid down being perfect...but alot of us are still working at it...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

I know it's no deep house, but in my opinion most of these songs have a way more deep feeling than the funky tech-house I often tend to use. Might've given the wrong impression with the title, i'll change it if anyone feels like i need to do so.

leave it man...don't let some douche brow beat you into changing it...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I've seen these kinds of postings over and over with usually the same result. Usually the threads start with at title such as 'My first ever mix I've done in this lifetime' or something similar. Just the marketing idea of someone being impressed by a first-ever mix sounding good to astounding is not a guarantee for any decent feedback of any kind.

Secondly, one would neither expect to get much good feedback of many reasons, jealousy, not liking the tracks included and so forth.

The best feedback you ever get is if you have *trusted* DJ friends who actually are brutally honest and constructive and give you the right advice at the right time. Hoping to get any constructive feedback by posting mixes on a forum is at best a gamble.

The second best feedback is that you just need to be honest with yourself, do critical listening to your mixes, compare them with mixes of DJ/producers you know are professional and take mental notes about what to improve. I suspect even the professionals do this from time to time to fine-tune their skills.

I would recommend to do 3-7 mixes a week, dump them in an iPod, listen to them later and just listen to issues and take notes how to make them better later. Or get a pool of friends you trust, send mixes back and forth asking for feedback (honest/brutal/constructive of course.)

Tech Wizard

hmm, how the fuck did a simple request for feedback on a set end up on all this negative bitching around

edit:
    I do a few mixes a week and also relisten most of them of which I think are worthy doing this. And the first time I listened to this one I thought it was pretty much okay but I think I wasn't really paying enough attention, since everytime I listen I notice more things that might need improvement. On the other hand I try to stay as objective as I can but somehow I think I could never be really positive about something I made because I always see things I know I could/should improve in my projects.
    Last edited by abel420; 08-22-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abel420 View Post
    hmm, how the fuck did a simple request for feedback on a set end up on all this negative bitching around
    Welcome to the internet

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Welcome to the internet
    the downfall of mankind.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Banned

It has it's pro's and con's much like everything else, but even that seems a bit extreme

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast