help with touch osc

Default help with touch osc

sp im trying to hook up my ipad as a midi controller with pure data and midi yoke following this tutorial:
    http://www.djmoya.com/how-to-setup-touchosc/

but i cant download Midi Yoke and everytime I do it doesnt show up anywhere on my computer than i downloaded the LoopBe1 Monitor cuz rumor has it its a good alternative to midi yoke but when i run it a box that says mute is the only thing that pops up. And yes i hav restarted my computer. billions of times. HELP

This guy's tutorial is out of date. You just need rtp midi (ofr pc) or core midi (for mac) to run touch osc. No need for osculator, pure data or midi yoke or loopbe1.
    Check Hexler's website.

hmm rtp midi is really compllicated... my ipad isnt showing up in the directory. help. please.

Don't have the time right now to go through the details but you can have a look here where I helped one guy the other day. Your solution is probably within.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35248
    Tell me how it goes.

hey Pabloco, i just got an ipod touch yesterday and I'm trying to hook it up as well, maybe we can help eachother out some because I have some questions of my own.

I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between an Ipad set up and an ipod touch setup, but what I've done so far is installed Midi Yoke, Pure Data Extended, ToushOSC editor, and TouchOSC2pd. It seems to be working ok, so here's what I did:

I made a test map in the TouchOSC editor; saved it

I opened Itunes, went to my Ipod Apps Tab, found TouchOSC under the File Sharing Apps, then added in the map I made. Disconnect the Ipod and close Itunes.

Opened TouchOSC2pd and generated a Pure Data file of the test map; it generates it in the same file as your original saved map.

Open the new PD file, it will open Pure Data Extended when you do, go to the Media tab amd go to Midi Settings, change both in and out to Midi Yoke # (whichever number you aren't using already, assuming you have other devices hooked up to midi yoke. This in and out will be the ones you set your Traktor Generic Midi to in controller manager).

Be sure to keep Pure Data Extended open and running.

Open Traktor, then either map out a .tsi for the Ipod or do whatever you want.

I know it's like the same thing as the tutorial you were following, but I was following the same tutorial along with this video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrBmt...el_video_title, but just incase a step slipped by I figured I'd rewrite the tutorial.

Now all that said, I'm having some problems too: Whats my Host IP? I know that's a stupid question but I have noooo idea, because all tutorials said you just go into the command prompt and type ipconfig and then just "find the line with you IP in it"... wtf, where is that line, all I see is a bunch of lines with a jumble of letters and numbers on them... which one is the hostname Ip address that I need in order for TouchOSC to communicate to my laptop via WiFi?

You just need rtp midi (ofr pc) or core midi (for mac) to run touch osc. No need for osculator, pure data or midi yoke or loopbe1.
    as said above.

there is between an Ipad set up and an ipod touch setup
    none

actually i figured out how to use rptmidi... but you just gotta make sure your layouts arent super complicated or they won't work.. or at least mine didnt

Default Ongoing Config/Setup (Understanding OSC on Windows) issues, anyone?

Hi, just joined. So many questions!

I've only got Mixcraft and Audacity, trying to setup PD... I'm a windows user, with a little experience in sending MIDI messages to rtpMIDI, my virtual MIDI network driver...

I've just bought TouchOSC, and have spent all day reading and trying various things.

1) Are you always converting OSC to MIDI? Even on a MAC?
    Everything I've read suggests some kind of bridging. This is one thing I'm not sure about. I thought OSC is the new, better-than-MIDI method...

About to reboot to complete Midi Yoke. I seem to have lots of MIDI-bits (rtp, and loopmidi, which user the virtual midi driver, yoke, uninstalled loopbe1 as it's not nice... midi-ox is very useful... also using virtualmidisynth to override default GM Wavetable synth... more questions than answers found so far. Lots for ableton users...

I thought that, like with MIDI messages monitored using MIDI-OX, I'd be able to connect to TouchOSC on iphone and monitor OSC messages... rtpMIDI Connection is made, but no messages coming though (in OSC or MIDI monitors...).

{Exhale, refill...}