DDJ-T1 Vs. KONTROL S4 - please help !!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DDJ-T1 Vs. KONTROL S4 - please help !!!

k so i know there are other threads about this... but none of them give a real answer , they all just say 'take the s4...' . I would be glad if someone would actually explain why
    so i read a lot about those 2, i tried both in a store, asked many friends and still can't make a final decision.
    hope u guys can help me
    thanks in advance for everyone !!

"take the s4"

just kidding.. it really comes down to personal preference.. if you tried both units in a store and still cant make a desicion you have to try harder.. no one on the web can give you any advantages or disadvantages of one or the other which you couldnt find out by yourself..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

take the S4. imo. T1 is more expensive, has fewer features and personally I hate the jogwheels.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

In my opinion, it depends on a few things. What software do you prefer? If you're at home on Traktor, then the S4 is the way to go, but if you're willing to try Itch, make sure you've tried both softwares when you checked out the hardware.

Also, will you be using the controller for mobile gigs? If so, I might recommend the NS6, as it has XLR outputs, and works as a mixer without the computer connected - both of which is great for that kinda stuff.

(But FEP is right. The S4 jogwheels are waaaay better then the NS6's)

Trickey one hey?
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    which is kind of odd really - as surely having pioneer jog wheels should have been the main selling point of the T1.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    In my opinion, it depends on a few things. What software do you prefer? If you're at home on Traktor, then the S4 is the way to go, but if you're willing to try Itch, make sure you've tried both softwares when you checked out the hardware.

Also, will you be using the controller for mobile gigs? If so, I might recommend the NS6, as it has XLR outputs, and works as a mixer without the computer connected - both of which is great for that kinda stuff.

Trickey one hey?
    The hell? Where did I get NS6 from?! Think I need to ease back on the medication....

Then it's S4 all the way mate!
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Tech Convert

well i know the s4 is "better" because of the very accurate and sensitive jog, unlike the shitty pioneer jog ... but i don't think i'd ever have to use the jog thanks to the sync button, and the s4 also has 2 inputs so u can use timcode, unlike the T1 which has only one input, but im not gonna use timecode either ...
    so the s4 is technically "better" , but the T1 is wayyy more impressive and bigger , so for non DJs the S4 looks veryy unprofessional and small ...

im very confused of which one to pick and i need to make a fast decision cuz my controller doesnt work and i have a party in few days....

i would really appreciate any help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by djrazg View Post
    well i know the s4 is "better" because of the very accurate and sensitive jog, unlike the shitty pioneer jog ... but i don't think i'd ever have to use the jog thanks to the sync button, and the s4 also has 2 inputs so u can use timcode, unlike the T1 which has only one input, but im not gonna use timecode either ...
    so the s4 is technically "better" , but the T1 is wayyy more impressive and bigger , so for non DJs the S4 looks veryy unprofessional and small ...

im very confused of which one to pick and i need to make a fast decision cuz my controller doesnt work and i have a party in few days....

i would really appreciate any help !!!
    Will you be using sample decks? (If this has already been brought up, sorry. I can't be arsed to read back).
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by djrazg View Post
    well i know the s4 is "better" because of the very accurate and sensitive jog, unlike the shitty pioneer jog ... but i don't think i'd ever have to use the jog thanks to the sync button
    depending on how good your beatgrids are you'll still often want to push tracks forwards or backwards - tho any jog or even a button can do that

pretty sure this is the first time i have ever seen someone say the S4 is too small

the only thing that i can see of the T1 over the S4 is the standard pioneer layout - that would mean moving to using cdj's in a club should be easier. but u already said you wouldnt want to use jogs for synching so thats probably not an option anyway.

have you read the scratchworx review on the T1? it makes a lot of comparisons and pros and cons between the S4 and T1 http://skratchworx.com/reviews/ddj_t1.php
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Have you looked at the denon mc6000? Its pretty nice too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast