>>Which MFP should I get?<<

Arrow >>Which MFP should I get?<<

Hey guys, so after much reading and hype on the forums, I've decided to jump on the awesomeness MFP bandwagon and get myself a MFP!

The only thing is I have no clue which one to get! I've been reading the MFP article where Ean talks about the different models, but I'm not sure which one of the 3 models would be better for my needs.

I'll basically be using it on its own to control TP2 and some effects, maybe I'll add it to my X1 in the future. I'm new to custom midi controllers and all that mapping stuff so one that will be able to control Traktor effectively and simply, and its effects will be awesome!

I think I've got it down to either the Cue master of the Beat Masher. They both look like they could do the job well, but I'm still not sure which one is the better option for me?

What are your thoughts guys? Do any of you have one of these and have some feedback as to which one would suit me better?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

From what I can tell the Cue Master is for mashups/juggling and the Cue Master is just for destroying beats... If you don't do a lot of juggling then the Masher would seem to be the proper choice, but if you do then get the cue master.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

I'd chose the cue master because it has 1 more knob = more controls
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    From what I can tell the Cue Master is for mashups/juggling and the Cue Master is just for destroying beats... If you don't do a lot of juggling then the Masher would seem to be the proper choice, but if you do then get the cue master.
    Well it looks like the Cue master would be more of my thing, and it looks good!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

Couldn't you just swap the mapping?

Tech Convert

I have the cue master and love it! It would be good for an overall controller with the play/tempo and focus A/B/C/D functionality. There are also plenty of sound mangling options.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

I've decided to hold off on the MFP as I'm about to delve into the world of production and I need to save as much $$$ as possible!