Rugby World Cup 2011 - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

new stadium in Dunedin for you guys to lose in (Replaces Carisbrook "The House of Pain" which has been retired) 35K capacity, Only fully covered stadium that grass can grow in apparently, super flash.

August 5 - The Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin, which is set to host a number of key games during the upcoming Rugby World Cup, has been officially opened by New Zealand's Prime Minister John Key.

It was opened with the unveiling of a foundation stone, and it is the only roofed, multipurpose arena that has a natural grass turf in the world.

Key reaffirmed that the Government was delighted to have contributed NZ$15 million (£7.5 million/$12.5 million/€9 million) towards its NZ$188 million cost (£96 million/$158 million/€111 million).

The first game at the stadium took place today between Otago's Knox College and Selwyn College, and it will become Otago's home ground for provincial games from August 17.

During the World Cup, which gets underway on September 9, Dunedin will host three of England's Pool B games - with Argentina, Georgia and Romania - as well as Ireland's game with Italy in Pool C.

Sir Eion Edgar, chairman of Forsyth Barr commented: "Forsyth Barr Stadium embodies much of what our city represents - innovation, leadership, commitment and community.

"And it has become an expression of confidence in the future - not just our future but as a whole."

David Davies, the chief executive of the organisation who will manage the stadium, Dunedin Venues, added: "Today marks a new era for the city.

"On behalf of everyone, this is a hugely exciting day; we acknowledge the huge efforts of others who have got us to this point.

"While we've reached the end of the beginning, what remains will be a challenge - one we accept with enthusiasm and we sincerely hope the stadium makes everyone proud."
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    lol, why is nicolas sarkozy sniffing that man?
    356 reasons why

More than sniffing by the looks of it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Oh my town (Blenheim) hosted the Russian lads a week or so ago .. i wondered why all these russian signs were up everywhere !

Ah, the Rugby World Cup - aw yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    I hope so. If we loose this one i think there will be a riot back home in N.Z.
    we arer so emotionaly attached to the all Blacks winning or losing that it can be very unhealthy at times .
    So true. I followed the Lions around NZ a few years back, and the level of obsession was ridiculous - I didn't think I could get bored of talking about rugby till I spent 3 weeks in NZ.

I don't think it helps to team - that amount of pressure 24/7 only increases the likelyhood of the ABs choking (again :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    all black will probably choke, going to support England no real choice in the matter and having played myself for a fair few years it's easy to understand!
    this ^

We don't look great going into this tournament to be fair, we're lacking strength in depth in the backline - Not sure if Flood almost played himself out of the 10 shirt in the last warm up, and Danny Care getting injured is harsh. Saying that we looked like crap before the last World Cup and managed to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and make the final (by some sort of miracle ...)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Default Cymru am Byth!

I hope that Wales put a good show in this year! Gutted to see Fiji and Samoa in the group as they seem to be bogey teams for us!

Weve been looking ok in the warm ups though!

Wales to thrash the Kiwis in the final!!!!!

Seriously, if its not Wales who win, I really hope it goes to the all blacks, they could do with some good news after all the earthquakes they have been having.

In all honestly I back all home nations, why i bother i don't know but it's nice to see any of them play well and being part mick i feel a little bit of the celt pop up to put my English side back in it's place lol

but I do believe that the all blacks have and always will have an amazing team with depth, but they do choke ;-) I hope for you sake they don't be nice to see them win it for once..

as for other world cup sides big fan of the underdog too, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga always get my backing if it's not against a home country..

either way going to love the old rugby world cup a proper sport...

Wales have been looking good in their warm up games. Very good result against Argentina the other day.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    I hope that Wales put a good show in this year! Gutted to see Fiji and Samoa in the group as they seem to be bogey teams for us!
    Samoa will be full of confidence after their historoc win against Australia.
    Fiji are always exciting to watch.
    I do have a soft spot for wales. being a small winger myself i have always been inspired by your winger Shane williams.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Banned

The post tell us more knowledge,we can use it in our life.Coach PursesThank you for the artor

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast