DJ Intelligence lists how to buy that music quickly?
    Tech Mentor

Default DJ Intelligence lists how to buy that music quickly?

Is there any legal DJ music service where I can just buy chunks of my library in one big shot? Can I go anywhere and for $150.00 or $200 buy the entire DJ intelligence top 200?

What about being able to buy all of the essential 50s songs?
    Then the 60's, 70s etc etc?

Why exactly would you want to do this?

You'll end up with a load of tunes that'll take an age to get to know, and you'll probably find you hate half of them, so they;ll be a waste of money.

Spend the time, money and effort and do a proper job. Now that the bar for entry into 'DJing' is so low you live or die by your selection, and if you're just going to bulk buy records I can't see it being a good thing ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you can't be bothered listening to songs and putting together a decent collection then you're doing this for all the wrong reasons.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

building up a decent collection from scratch is the fun part
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

When it comes to getting a selection to load into Serato and learn how to use my V7's with I want to be very selective.

When it comes to having the list of songs drunk wedding guests want to have I just want to buy them and get it over with.

As far as having a bunch of crap and not knowing what it is. I bought THOUSANDS of CDs in bulk and imported them using a robot. Man was that a mistake. On the plus side I have 17 Alabama albums. :eek:

Anyway, having such a giant collection of legal music is awesome and empowering, but also a giant headache. My plan once I get done importing it is to put it on a separate drive and cherry-pick from it. Grab the ones I know I need off it and leave it loaded separately as a backup... Something I can dig into for requests but not something I have to wade through.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I don't think this service exists in a 'legal' way.

I don't know, I've been building a collection for a bit over a year now and I still buy compilations off beatport as much as singles...they are a very cost effective way of getting a bit of new music...I do listen to the tracks off of the website for the most part..
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!