VCI-100 - Fader/CrossFader Issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 - Fader/CrossFader Issues

I am running a VCI-100 through traktor pro. For some reason, the fader for deck B seems to control the crossfader curve. i have tried with various .tsi settings but its pretty persistent. when the volume fader for deck b is at the loudest i get the scratch-type curve from the xfader and when i turn the volume fader to the lowest, the xfader gets the smooth mixing curve. Has anyone encountered this? any suggestions?

Tech Mentor

Could it be the bass/music is affecting the curve control on the hardware. Is there a way u can lower the volume on the pa and give it another try and see what happens
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by luv2xra View Post
    Could it be the bass/music is affecting the curve control on the hardware. Is there a way u can lower the volume on the pa and give it another try and see what happens
    tried this, nothing changed. i think it has to do with midi mapping or xfader settings but i cant figure it out.

Just go into your mapping dialog, add some bogus function (it really doesn't matter which one), learn your volume fader to control said bogus function. Now scroll through your list of mapped functions - sort by the CC column to see every function at once. Every midi function that is assigned to your volume fader is highlighted yellow. You should easily see if there is something mapped to your fader that shouldn't be. Delete the invalid cf curve assignment and your bogus function.

It could also be that some vestax employee was drunk and soldered your fader to the hardware curve adjustment.

Oh and if you're using Ean's firmware, the volume fader outputs two CC# simultaneously, that would complicate things a bit.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    Just go into your mapping dialog, add some bogus function (it really doesn't matter which one), learn your volume fader to control said bogus function. Now scroll through your list of mapped functions - sort by the CC column to see every function at once. Every midi function that is assigned to your volume fader is highlighted yellow. You should easily see if there is something mapped to your fader that shouldn't be. Delete the invalid cf curve assignment and your bogus function.

It could also be that some vestax employee was drunk and soldered your fader to the hardware curve adjustment.

Oh and if you're using Ean's firmware, the volume fader outputs two CC# simultaneously, that would complicate things a bit.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I tried re-mapping the midi controls but it still does the same thing.

I'm not using ian's firmware. I had thought about a soldering mistake but the guy who owned it before seemed to have no problems. The fader for deck b just controls both the fader volume and the crossfader curve at the same time. still don't know whether it's the vci or traktor map. is there any way i could check its a soldering problem?

Tech Mentor

Have u tried loading different tsi files from other users. Too see if it's still presents itself even with the new tsi mappings.
    My second suggestion is to back up the files that tpro reads and removing those and have tpro create new ones just in case is a corrupted file.
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by luv2xra View Post
    Have u tried loading different tsi files from other users. Too see if it's still presents itself even with the new tsi mappings.
    My second suggestion is to back up the files that tpro reads and removing those and have tpro create new ones just in case is a corrupted file.
    I've tried different tsi files yeah. that didnt work. i had the same continuing problem with each tsi. which files are you talking about backing up and creating new ones? if you're just talking about clearing and resetting the midi map and re-importing a new tsi i've tried that too.

hehe it's so annoying...everything else works wonders

This really seems like a hardware issue...

To be 100% sure: Clear the mapping dialog. Add the crossfader and the A/B volume faders. nothing else. Learn to the appropriate controls, and observe the cf curve.

How does changing the cf curve on the dedicated knob on the backside of the vci affect the curve? Play around a little bit with your "cf curve fader" and the knob and see if they are somehow connected.

I would also suggest getting something like midi-ox and observing the raw midi data of the faders.

If these tests strengthen our assumption that we're dealing with an hardware issue, it may be time to open up the ole vci. Hopefully some hardware gurus are joining the discussion then. I've just opened it up once to do a FW upgrade...

Tech Convert

I've tried clearing everything and only learning the volume fader and xfader haha. didnt work.

the pitch curve knob at the back of the vci also doesnt seem to be doing anything.

the previous owner didn't report any such problems...maybe he's lying?

any other ideas other than opening it up?

Tech Mentor

this exact thing started happening to me today, did you ever get it to work??
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast