4-Deck mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-Deck mapping

Tech Convert

Default 4-Deck mapping

I'd like to try mixing with 4 Decks, therefore I want to create a mapping that allows me to switch decks 1/3 and 2/4 by pushing one button.

Is it possible to assign a function to a button to assign th ebuttons and knobs from deck 1 to deck 3 an vice versa?

Tech Wizard

Default 4 decks in Traktor Pro with Omni Control

I created a midi map for 4 deck control of Traktor Pro using a single Omni Control. I am attaching the .tsi file. Pitch Bend - and + select the decks in focus.

Pitch Bend - on left side selects deck A (default), Pitch Bend + on left side selects deck C, Pitch Bend - on right side selects deck B, and Pitch Bend + on right side selects deck D.

The Pitch Bend LEDs indicate the decks in focus.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

@Manfred What controller are you using?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I'm using a Vestax VCM-100 and I'd like to convert the "PFL" button that I hardly ever use to my "switch deck" button...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Anbuzan View Post
    I created a midi map for 4 deck control of Traktor Pro using a single Omni Control. I am attaching the .tsi file. Pitch Bend - and + select the decks in focus.

Pitch Bend - on left side selects deck A (default), Pitch Bend + on left side selects deck C, Pitch Bend - on right side selects deck B, and Pitch Bend + on right side selects deck D.

The Pitch Bend LEDs indicate the decks in focus.
    I did something similar with my omni control - I made the pitch-bend + button on each side toggle between decks A & C on the left and B & D on the right.

The problem I am facing is that, of course, the volume faders remain set to the value of the 'other' deck when I switch so it's hard to fade in/out the "only-just-selected" deck unless I have the mix pre-arranged.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this problem?

I'm considering mapping the pitch sliders to become faders for decks C & D but I'm not sure I can bring myself to lose direct control (old turntable habits die hard).

Tech Wizard

Default volume faders for 4 decks

Quote Originally Posted by mowat27 View Post
    I did something similar with my omni control - I made the pitch-bend + button on each side toggle between decks A & C on the left and B & D on the right.

The problem I am facing is that, of course, the volume faders remain set to the value of the 'other' deck when I switch so it's hard to fade in/out the "only-just-selected" deck unless I have the mix pre-arranged.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this problem?

I'm considering mapping the pitch sliders to become faders for decks C & D but I'm not sure I can bring myself to lose direct control (old turntable habits die hard).
    Well, if you only have an Omni Control to work with, are all your effects knobs mapped already, it's kinda ghetto but you could use par or something as secondary volume fader for the deck not in focus. Just a thought, I never would have thought about using the pitch sliders, but losing the direct control is something that could be trouble.

Another solution could be to use a free modifier to toggle what deck each volume fader controls (so you can use the left fader for A and right for C). That might get confusing if the volume faders are independent of sides though, just a thought.

Tech Convert

I've not had time to try it but I was thinking over the weekend about this I'm thinking that I have set the beat grid on most of my tracks so I don't need the pitch slider nearly as much as I need volume faders for decks C & D.

I'm therefore going to try mapping a modifier + jog wheel combination to change the pitch slider in traktor and then using the sliders on the omni unit to control the volumes on decks C & D.

This should be pretty cool because I can extend the idea to set a modifier + jog wheel to control the master tempo. I've found the master desk idea does not really feel very natural with more than 2 decks playing so I tend to sync with the master tempo these days.

i have that pitch-fader for volume of c&d working on my vci-100, too.
    working great.
    tried having the same faders for two decks (+modifier), but never really worked out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by derschaich View Post
    i have that pitch-fader for volume of c&d working on my vci-100, too.
    working great.
    tried having the same faders for two decks (+modifier), but never really worked out for me.
    Fuuuuck....thats a GREAT idea.

Dunno why i did not think of that.
    I never use my pitch faders!

BONUS!

Any easy way (read LAZY way) of being able to control which deck is using the FX Section? Currently using Ean Golden's 2.5 TSI. So i can only toggle between A , B and loop.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I can't seem to download the tsi. I know it's not a problem with your attachment it seems to be my account restriction or something>>>

So close yet so far-???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast