Denon SC 2000 Pitch Fader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Denon SC 2000 Pitch Fader

I come from the old skool Dj background & still spin tunes along djs who use various different controllers including Vinyl decks, cdjs etc so it's pretty vital for me that I can manually sync the tracks when joining to play set back to back.

This is the reason I decided to purchase the denon unit as it had good review on Digitaldjtips site & they specially mentioned the very responsive jog wheel & nice long pitch fader.

I think the Unit works beatifully in all aspects except the pitch fader does seem to be a little ultra sensitive when adjusting it. I am used to cdj style pitch where you can nudge it at 0.5 % increments & this is perfect when getting tracks to sync manually.

I understand there has been quite a lot of banter here where it's mentioned that the unit needs a firmware fix to get the pitch bend slider upto scratch, but I wanted to ask if there's a way to adjust it on the Traktor pro settings at all?

If I get it to respond close to cdj style pitchbend , it would be godsend.

Tech Wizard

I am having the same issue...just came from turntables, hoping to get a better fader but its far too sensitive still. Ill keep looking into it and update you if I find anything out

I got reply from Denon team & they are saying there will be a new firmware update within next two weeks, so maybe sooner later than later. : )

Tech Mentor

Sure you can change the range of the pitch fader so it goes +- 8%.

That would make it a bit more like a 1210. I havent managed to get it more CDJ or 1210 like than that so I have resorted to using sync (boo!!)

Other than that its a great controller.

I aknowledge that you can change the range appropriately. I have set mine to 10 % as on cdjs respectfully. However it's the sensitivity of the pitch slider that I am most interested to dabble with. It's set at 4 % as default & I am trying to figure out how to tweak that to get it perform better. (I am hoping the firmware update will address that.)

p.s. absolutely not dissing guys who prefer to use sync option. I just purely need the manual ability to blend tracks with Dj's playing on different setups....

M

Tech Wizard

yeah I go solely by ear. No bpm is listed on the loaded track(only on id tags) and I do everything by ear. This supposed new firmware update is a MUST. Now we play the waiting game...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Systemattik View Post
    p.s. absolutely not dissing guys who prefer to use sync option. I just purely need the manual ability to blend tracks with Dj's playing on different setups....

M
    I've always been a vinyl and then CDJ DJ until I got this - now I find I just can't beatmatch anymore with the denon. I know if i practice i'll get there but frankly I can't be bothered!!!

Tech Wizard

Guys, they released a new firmware update this afternoon which improves the pitch fader ALOT, along with other functions

Just went on the site where did u find the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Wizard

from the other sc2000 thread on here

http://www.dm-pro.eu/en/software/login/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast