First track i ever made! :)

Default First track i ever made! :)

Did this for my school's Electronic Music Production module (SAE)
    First track i ever made!!

cut off the beginning part as i intend to rework on it when i have the time
    the original has an electro housey intro just before the breakdown going into mechanical dubby noise, really did not enjoy the electro house intro so its back to the drawing board to re-work things soon! for now i will jump to the middle part

did on ableton 8 , ni massive, sylenth, alchemy, refx nexus

reference monitors : Yamaha HS50m

critiques and feedbacks are welcome - i am just an audio engineering student and still learning
    Last edited by DJZILCH; 08-22-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Wizard

Very good production dude!

You may want to compress and Limit the the Distorted basses in the drop,

btw, are you also using db_glitch?

hey dude thanks!
    I did compress and limit the distorted bass, perhaps pulled the threshold way too down and pulled up the makeup gain too much, plus i set a master limiter to the overall track (using ozone 4) set at -0.5 to avoid clipping

no i didnt use db glitch, is it good? did a quick google and apparently its a windows only vst or something, i dont have windows anymore at home so i cant try it out
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

i will listen to it when soundcloud has come back from the dead lol
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

overall i like it! for your first go...

but one thing i didnt like was the bass imo sounded a little wet (45 second mark)

i did enjoy it tho! good job dude
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

you should make the diffrence between the dubstep part and house party more obvious...like completly cut out the synths/drums when the dude is saying "less go (i think:?)

also your kick isnt standing out enough are you para compressing it / eqing it right?

i like the housy part more then the dubstep if thats helpfull at all...maybe you should sample some of the house and work it into the dubstep to give it a dirty melody type feel

hey thanks for the input guys

this was originally almost 4 minutes long, i cut off the first 2 minutes or so because i didnt like it (i did submit it to my school for grading though because i was running out of time hahaha) this will definitely get a rework soon taking note of all the inputs i received
    btw i did sidechain compress the kick, but probably the attack/release was needs some tweaking or something, this will also get looked at later, thanks!

now i am working on my final school project (which is due in 2 weeks or so) which is a cover/remix of deadmau5' raise your weapon, i am thinking of posting the whole process here soon (along with pictures) because some might find the journey interesting, obtaining samples without the use of sample packs (self-recording)

i recorded the vocals with a neumann U87 mic

Kick drum: Sennheiser E602 on the bass drum / SM57 on the beater
    Snare top: shure sm57 / sennheiser E604
    Hihats : shure sm57
    Claps: Sm57

all routed into an SSL AWS900 mixer in the school studio

sampled a clavinova digital piano (for the piano intro of raise your weapon)

pretty much i am doing the cover from scratch, so this will be interesting

will post in here once i am done with the project
    Setup: