The true story behind French Kiss?

Default The true story behind French Kiss?

I've always wanted to play French Kiss live, and I'm going to have a chance to soon, but I really want to know the true story!
    It's probably the most remade and sampled and redone and copied dance song ever, and i've really become interested in what actually happened with it? I've found so many versions on beatport, but not Lil' Louis original? the Lee Lewis remake from 1989, whats the story there? the 'Big Louis' copy from 1988?
    can anyone shed some light on it, and also tell me what their favorite version is?

also i really cannot get the Innocent Until Proven Guilty Vocal mix to beatgrid properly and its driving me insane! any assistance?

Lil Louis 1988 Original mix all the way, baby. All the tracks on this EP have fluctuating BPMs outside of the very obvious slowdown/buildup/climax sections... right now I'll make do with a bootleg until I can get a good vinyl copy and rip/warp it myself. :P

I'd go with the Lil Louis Innocent Until Proven Guilty mix myself, and yeah i've opted for just trying to get the first 128 beatmatched and the last 128!

If I'm thinking of the right song 2manydjs played this in a good few of their live sets. Doesnt it slow down around the middle?

How do you guys make it work with programmes like traktor?

Yeah, FK has an epic breakdown where the track grinds(chuckle) to a halt.
    The workaround is simply to get a beatgrid working in most places (you may have to drop a few markers along the track) on the parts where you know you'll be mixing in/out of and loop these parts when mixing.
    Eventualy, providing you have a quality copy of the problem tracks, you can straighten up the parts of the track which are almost constant by warping them in Ableton Live.
    For the other bits where things go wild - don't sync that deck when the track goes off the grid

Got the seven inch version that I bought as a 15 year-old and many years later the album version - got the album ("From The Mind Of Lil Louis") from a discount bin for a buck. Sadly no 12'' mix, but the 6 minute album version is plenty for a club night.

For some reason the album version seems to fluctuate a little less than the seven inch. Ripped that, warped the bits before and after the breakdown and set a second beat marker at the first more or less full speed beat after the breakdown.

Oh, also got a DnB bootleg remix, single sided white label. I think Ed Rush & Optical were behind it, must be from 2001 or 2002.

If you want the full 12'', why not get it from discogs? There's plenty out there.

Edit:
    Yep, Ed Rush & Optical it is...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t84Fv350F8Q
    Last edited by jimbob5000; 08-23-2011 at 01:54 PM.

This track is actually fucking amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8w2W1uy2A

Wish I was old enough be to raving circa 89/90

If you want a good copy you can get the original on CD still:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?mas...9593&format=CD

Or a 6mins30 edited version from Juno:

http://www.junodownload.com/products...gle%2BShopping
    SC | MC