T2 not reading pitch from CDJ correctly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default T2 not reading pitch from CDJ correctly

I'm using TSP 2 with my audio 8 and I've been noticing that Traktor has not been reading the pitch from the cdj correctly on occasion...

Ex: My CDJ pitch will read 0.00 for example yet Traktor will show the pitch at -2.40

So far I've only noticed this happening on Channel A. Sometimes when I re-load a track the pitch will read correctly.

Anyone have anything similar happening to them?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Not that I know the answer but, its gonna be asked.

1. Model of CDJ
    2. Timecode or Midi control
    3. If its midi, is the slider set to relative or direct?
    4. Is deck reset on load checked ?

Make sure pitch lock is disabled on the CDJ.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

Have you tried to recalibrate?

Do you use Sync / Tempo in any way?

wow, sorry for the late response guys!!! this is driving me crazy. happened yesterday at a big gig, pretty annoying and really throws you off.

this has been happening for the most part on CDJ 2000's. i believe, although i can't quite remember, that it's also happened on my cdj 800mk2's, although it hasn't been in a while.

i'm using timecode.

reset all deck controls when loading track option is ticked in my preferences.

master tempo IS disabled on each CDJ.

i recalibrate each time this happens, and then the pitch in traktor will match the pitch shown in the individual traktor decks. however, the issue can come up on the very next track loaded into that deck, as has happened last night, and then i'll need to re-calibrate once again.

what do you guys think?

edit: the "reset all mixer controls when loading track" option has always been unchecked. could that be it? i never use traktor's internal mixer, but maybe that has something to do with the pitch?

dumb question , was the pitch adjust set to +/-0% when you did the calibration each time?
    also, was any sync turned on the decks? sometimes the pitch adjust can behave relative to the master
    also, the next track outside the pitch adjust range? once i set the range of +/-6% to all the decks in the pref window, but I was trying to move a track 9 bpm faster to get up to the speed of the first one (disastrous resulting mix)
    I believe that reset all mixer controls wont affect it, since pitch is considered a deck control.
    hope some of these ideas help

When you turn on traktor, the "digital" pitch is at 0%.
    If at this time the pitch on the CDJ wasn't at 0%, then there will be a difference.

But i mean that's not annoying imo, you just have to move up/down to beatmatch, no matter if the 0% variation is at its place or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    When you turn on traktor, the "digital" pitch is at 0%.
    If at this time the pitch on the CDJ wasn't at 0%, then there will be a difference.

But i mean that's not annoying imo, you just have to move up/down to beatmatch, no matter if the 0% variation is at its place or not.
    Obviously tempo matching via working out the %
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

wat ? not sure i got what you ment.

I'm just saying that if the track you wanna bring in is too slow/too fast, you move the pitch accordingly, no matter where it was on the cdj and if it wasn't at 0 initially.

Nope I don't use sync at all. And I do calibrate with the pitch at 0. The track isnt outside the pitch range either.

Maybe it's not a big deal for some but the software obviously isn't meant to operate like this. I had another gig last night and it happened about 10 times.

Feasting mixer settings upon load does nothing either.

Any other ideas?? This never happened with 1.2.7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast