S4 Soundcard Question.
    Tech Mentor

Default S4 Soundcard Question.

Hey DJTT!

I'm just speccing a new audio set-up for my room, upgrading to some KRK Rokit RP6's whilst also thinking about getting a Kontrol S4. My question should be a simple one... can you use the S4's soundcard as a dedicated device, like a normal external audio interface? I'm basically stuck on the RP6's. Most of my bedroom listening will be done from a desktop PC or MacBook, which obviously needs an external sound-card to give the speakers some 'oomph'. Would there be any way I could integrate the S4's sound-card in a set-up with my desktop PC and RP6's, without actually using Traktor and wanting to DJ, as such?

Otherwise I guess I'll have to go for an external sound-card for the RP6's and grab a VCI-100 instead, because I cannot afford the Kontrol S4 and a separate interface in my budget! In the future I especially want to bring in my 2x old technics turntables, too, so if I bought an external sound-card for the RP6 it would have to be the NI Audio 6 DJ or the Rane Serato offerings-- much more expensive than the entry level Numark DJ I/O!

Anyway, I'm just confused/clueless and would like some advice.
    Thanks guys, great community here!

yes you can i tried now you go to CP - sound and s4 show up as traktor kontrol s4 master and TKs4 monitor and you select the master as the default device for sound output and turn the volume on the master knob on the s4 up and it works

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I had mine set up as monitor as default sound device since most of my listening to silly internet videos and music digging is done through headphones.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x