FX controller for TP2 (also, headphone mods?) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And it can be mapped to cycle through various FX options? Options like that are what I'm primarily looking for. I feel like right now, I'm just not getting all the use out of the powerful FX Traktor offers.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No need to map anything. Start with page 52 in the english S4 manual.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I second the suggestion for LPD8

can map midi, CC, PC, and has 8 knobs in addition to the buttons - get taller knobs and you're set (and check out my MPK mini mod to get the pads to be more responsive http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=mpk+mini+mod)

other than the different banks and CC/PC (which of course you could do on the MF but the LPD has hardware banks for them) it's just 16 buttons or 8+8pots (and a $150 difference....)

Quote Originally Posted by LmnLm3 View Post
    I second the suggestion for LPD8

can map midi, CC, PC, and has 8 knobs in addition to the buttons - get taller knobs and you're set (and check out my MPK mini mod to get the pads to be more responsive http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=mpk+mini+mod)

other than the different banks and CC/PC (which of course you could do on the MF but the LPD has hardware banks for them) it's just 16 buttons or 8+8pots (and a $150 difference....)
    LPD8 ftw
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

LPD8 looks like a Korg Nanopad. Do they perform the same?

Quote Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
    LPD8 looks like a Korg Nanopad. Do they perform the same?
    don't have a nanopad but by all accounts the build quality isn't a patch on the lpd8.

pc mode isn't really mappable in traktor without some middleware software but pad+cc modes are.

the lpd8 is cheap, built well, very versatile and has led feedback on the pads which i love. no led feedback on the nanopad.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

That's a good point...I am a sucker for LEDs and pretty lights (no sarcasm). Which PC mode are you referring to? The LPD8 or the Korg?

Quote Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
    That's a good point...I am a sucker for LEDs and pretty lights (no sarcasm). Which PC mode are you referring to? The LPD8 or the Korg?
    the lpd8. you can quickly change between pad(note)/cc/pc mode for the pads and note/cc's can be mapped in traktor.

i do like pretty lights

they're also uber useful for seeing what is set to what etc... if all u want is pretty lights then the launchpad has to be the right choice slightly overkill as an fx controller tho.

you also have 4 banks in the lpd8 but i find them a pain to change between.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I had a Launchpad for a while - loved it! I had a lot of custom mapping setup on that thing...A tempo map (4x4 grid that moved with the 16th), a drum rack LED echo that changed colors, and I even had a little level bar that moved with the master. It was a blast! But as an FX controller, it probably is a bit overkill...probably.

The LPD8 looks pretty solid. How are the pads on it? The MPK25/49 pads were a bit stiff for me, so that would be my one worry another Akai product!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's a mod to make the pads more sensitive.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...highlight=akai
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast