gears and equipment
    Tech Convert

Default gears and equipment

Hey everybody, I'm new in this djing world. I have cd400. 2 decks and a mixer on it. I also using traktor pro 1.2.7. And this is my question, acan i do a liver performance with this equipment only? Or should i buy another equipment to make this work. Becauese, my friends told me that i have to buy a traktor soundcard to make it work. He said, must actually. Please give me some help. Your reply will be helpful. Thanks before.

Tech Guru

You need a soundcard that outputs two channels of audio like the Audio2DJ by Native Instruments. You can set your CDJ-400s to Midi (there is probably a mapping in the mappings section in the forum...haven't checked though) but you will mix the audio externally by sending the sound out of the computer via USB into the two channels of your mixer.

Do you need more help beyond this point?

Tech Convert

So, it is a must to have an eksternal soundcard?

Internal sound works fine but you have a problem, how do you cue tracks in the headphones? Hence most DJs get an external audio interface to route the cue to another headphone channel.

Tech Convert

So, what more i need to buy? Audio2? And what else? It is very helpful

Basically a laptop, external audio card and DJ software should do it. Heck, without headphone cues you could even use the internal audio interface. But usually you want at some point a controller, as well. And so it goes, more and more equipment.

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot! Helpful.