Guitar Center Trade Ins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Guitar Center Trade Ins

hey everyone,

i was just curious if anyone has ever worked with guitar center doing trade ins at all. since they want to make a profit on the product they buy from you do they low ball you? please let me know if anyone of you have worked with them in the past..thanks alot!!
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Even wihout experience with GC on that, any retailer will low ball you on a trade in. That's kinda the point.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Don't they give 25% off whatever it is your buying? That coule make it worthwhile if it's a big ticket item.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Basically if they expect to sell something for X dollars, they will pay you X/2 dollars. It all depends on the condition, too. And if it's a vintage guitar totally different rules apply.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Don't they give 25% off whatever it is your buying? That coule make it worthwhile if it's a big ticket item.
    thats why im thinking about it! i want to get a maschine when the new update comes out...25% is a huge discount off of 600 bucks
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah and Im pretty sure you get that no matter what your trade in value is. You could probably even buy something, open the package, then trade it in and come out ahead.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

The discount is only 10%

I just called because im trying to sell my b52 matrix 2000 system which retails for $1400. They offered me $475 at the MAX -_-

Tech Mentor

Im in NY im nterested in purchasing a B52 Matrix 2000. where are you located?

I have a bunch of Boss Guitar Effect Pedals that I keep around to trade in to Guitar Center every time I make a big purchase. The 10% off a new item, can typically outweigh the value of the pedal.

i will have to see what they could give me for my stuff cuz i dont wanna lowballed but that discount is a nice thing to have we will see im going tomorrow with a friend to play around on stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast