Vci 100 arcade, want to buy a 4 deck controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vci 100 arcade, want to buy a 4 deck controller

hi there, i'm an happy owner of a Vci 100 arcade.
    I use it with a lauchpad for having cue points and gratification mapping in the 2 main deck.
    I was thinking of buying also another controller, 4 deck
    Is the vms4 a good controller? I'm not going to sell the Vci, so I don't wont to spend that money!
    I only want more button,(less layers) and if Is possible 4 faders and eqs ( some space for samples also)

Traktor s4 is great I know, but I was trying to find something cheaper.

I was also thinking about the xponent, got space for samples
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

hi

i looked at the vms4 quite a bit and from what I gathered the soundcard is not so good, fine for home use though. Surfin their forum also showed up a few people with quams about it. maybe the traktor edition is better? loads of people also had jacks mailed to them to help with the mic volume. I reckon £400 could be spent in a better way. just my 5 cents. mind you i have not played on one, try and see for yourself. btw i think the mixer is not midi mappable. might be wrong from memory. seconed hand denon mc6000 would be better i think.

now i always digged the layout of xponent, but shit soundcard, the traktor s2 is like a refined version of that i think.
    Last edited by zimfella; 08-26-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    hi

i looked at the vms4 quite a bit and from what I gathered the soundcard is not so good, fine for home use though. Surfin their forum also showed up a few people with quams about it. maybe the traktor edition is better? loads of people also had jacks mailed to them to help with the mic volume. I reckon £400 could be spent in a better way. just my 5 cents. mind you i have not played on one, try and see for yourself. btw i think the mixer is not midi mappable. might be wrong from memory. seconed hand denon mc6000 would be better i think.

now i always digged the layout of xponent, but shit soundcard, the traktor s2 is like a refined version of that i think.
    Thank you for your reply mate
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

buy another VCI-100, and spend the difference on some other stuff like bcr2000 and you can still have the change
    TouchOSC for androd/iPhone WIN/MAC+TSI ableton live...
    androidosc.webs.com

Just don't buy the VMS4, it really sucks. I've seen alot of 'em not working, giving a distorted signal, not sending out midi messages... Just don't buy it, you won't be sorry.
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

not out yet but cheap and looks like could be fun

http://www.cd-dj.net/dj-tech-4mix.html
    Last edited by zimfella; 08-27-2011 at 05:28 AM.

not out yet but cheap and looks like could be fun

http://www.cd-dj.net/dj-tech-4mix.html
    300 euros, very good!

Here in europe price are soooooo huge, for a s4 , you have to pay like 950 euros (950 Euros = 1 375.885 U.S. dollars)
    Kinda difficult to find a nice and cheap 4 channel mixer to play with.
    (it is not going to be my official setup.)

Soundcloud.

yeah for that price you can't argue with it. just use your audio2 sound card instead of the inbuilt one. I have a djtech djm101 and imo it's not that bad actually.

yeah for that price you can't argue with it. just use your audio2 sound card instead of the inbuilt one. I have a djtech djm101 and imo it's not that bad actually.
    +1 for the djm101. xfader is really nice, knobs are well spaced and have a nice action (could use some new, more rubbery caps tho) and the two buttons and gain knobs can be used for filters (if you have some buttons elsewhere to control what track u need to hear to in your headphones ofc)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    300 euros, very good!

Here in europe price are soooooo huge, for a s4 , you have to pay like 950 euros (950 Euros = 1 375.885 U.S. dollars)
    Kinda difficult to find a nice and cheap 4 channel mixer to play with.
    (it is not going to be my official setup.)
    Dude, where are you buying your gear? I buy mine at http://www.tonecontrol.nl and the price for an S4 is like 859...
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast