reptile

Thread: reptile

Tech Wizard

Default reptile

So, to preface, Yes I know all about moombahton and moombahcore, and no I don't care even in the slightest what you think about Skrillex or what he's doing to (insert genre here). So lets not start either of those discussions. k?

Anyways.... You guys know of any artists/songs similar to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpS7nCweYZI&ob=av2e

thanks kids!

Tech Mentor

There's a full comp album out that has mortal kombat songs... Don't remember what it's called but it's pretty good...

Tech Wizard

yeahhh but none of them are moombah-ish

omg skrillex!
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

what exactly are you looking for? Moombahton that sounds like skrillex?

Tech Wizard

I love it such an amazing tune

Tech Mentor

I like this track and a fair few skrillex tracks. I personally think he uses the same samples and sounds in to many of his tracks but i know what he's trying to do of course. I can't listen to an entire evening of tracks like reptile etc but do break up dub and grime by lightening the mood some what in the music generally IMO
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    what exactly are you looking for? Moombahton that sounds like skrillex?
    more or less... Basically any moombah that's got a lot of the brostep influences in it... Another main characteristic of the song is the lack of a lot of the other percussion in moombah besides the kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Leezer
    I can't listen to an entire evening of tracks like reptile etc but do break up dub and grime by lightening the mood some what in the music generally IMO
    I do Drum&Bass/Drumstep, Dubstep and electro, Keeping a distinct brostep feel throughout. I'm thinking it would be cool to transition out of electro (128bpm) into moombah (109bpm) and then slow it down to 90bpm or so and half-time it with drum&bass at about 180bpm as a cool, creative transition.