going vinyl... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: going vinyl...

I like spinning vinyl as well but mnml is just perfect for programs like Traktor. Mind you, I've got Traktor Scratch so I can kind of do a bit of both: digital bit-mash and vinyl tactility. Mmmmmm
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

dude i fuckin feel you i was so close all i needed next was needles but mixer fried, so back to looking for another mixer,

i am really into turntabalism, so scratching and beat juggling is what i want to do on the tt's, i love my digital stuff will use it forever but in the room just chillin i would love to kick it on the decks with some good ol underground hip hop.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

i love having the option to play vinyl. as awesome as digital is, sometimes its just better going old school. and makes you a better dj i think..... helps to practice your beat matching without having all those visual aids.

as far as turntables though, i know stanton makes some decent/decently priced decks that could go with your korg mixer but then agan, i still wish i had a pair of technics..
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I used to use the KM-402 all the time, I <3 is

I use shure carts and needles when I spin, and the whole set up costs me about $50 a deck... and headshells are, like $7 or something.

And don't forget about Traktor Scratch Pro if you ever did want to take it live
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I used to use the KM-402 all the time, I <3 is

I use shure carts and needles when I spin, and the whole set up costs me about $50 a deck... and headshells are, like $7 or something.

And don't forget about Traktor Scratch Pro if you ever did want to take it live
    this is what i had backed up in my mind...scratch pro...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Go for it earl! You will be a dj master once you know how to spin on, laptop tts and cds. You can have your digital setup for deck A and B and throw some records on deck c using TP and the audio 8. You will have the time of your life!

Ah dude I totally understand you
    I have turntables too
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

Ya, it's fun to dig thru the crates and implement some older tracks into a set. I don't like playing a whole set on my TTs, though; mainly becuz i get tired of all my old records too fast.

..and, depending on the condition, that's a steal for the 'quipment. even so, ' wish i had money to blow like that... Dont have kids until you've made it!
    Last edited by aiden; 02-25-2009 at 11:29 PM.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

At Bentos suggestion Im going to try running my decks into trakotr, no dvs, but saves buying a mixer for now.

Tech Guru

I too am looking for some 1200's, tt's or maybe a pdx-2k. Too broke to buy them and the new sound card I will need for tspro, hoping that they will be fun to mix with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123