USB Hub 2 Controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default USB Hub 2 Controller

Does a Usb Hub ,where 2 midi controllers are connected to, involve any problems like latency or something?

I only have 2 usbīs and on one is my soundcard (i donīt want to buy a new one with firewire) and on the second i want to run this hub http://www.lindy-usa.com/usb-hub-4-p...ply/42999.html
    with two controllers.

thanks
    holger

what kind of controllers are you hooking up, what kindof machine? ive been meaning to get as answer to this aswell.

i was also looking at some 2 or 4 port USB express cards for my mac book pro and wondering if that would be a more optimal choice? i want to hook up my vci100 with a rockband controller/triggerfinger for cue points etc while leaving my soundcard connected independently.

http://search.dell.co.uk/1/2/5626-st...ts-silver.html

from what ive gathered from asking around, as long as the hub powered, which that one is , and is fast, its just a matter of prioritizing your devises. but i havent actually tried it yet, anyone else using a hub in the rig regularly?
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

Tech Wizard

Hi

I maybe wrong but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't cause too much latency, as long as muliple midi messages are not sent at the same time from different controllers as this will cause a queue and you will get latency. . . . i think.

Check this thread out as it maybe more help than me.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/07/0...ew-with-a-pro/

macbook 2 ghz 2 ram
    traktor pro

m-audio oxygen 8 v2
    korg nanokontrol

I would definitely not hook an controller up via a usb hub. I can not give you a technical explanation, only my experiences.
    I have tried this numerous times with my vci-100, and have nearly never had a good resultat. But try it out, maybe you have better luck than me. Just be shure to test it MANY times before using it at a gig.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I know Bento swears by the express cards.

When I've used USB hubs I've never really had a problem. And I've run a lot of shit through them (Two padKontrols, external hard drive, etc. etc. etc.)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

You can use a usb hub, you just have to make sure that it has an individual chipset per physical connection on the device - this isnt information that your easily going to be able to find at all and hence why i recommend just going with the expresscard.

I bought a crappy $15 Belkin USB travel hub and haven't had any problems with it thus far, using Behringer BCD3000 and Axiom25 simultaneously. Maybe I lucked out?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Yeah there is nothing wrong with hubs, just a lot of them are cheap pieces of crap, like it or not you use a hub all the time, its just built in to your computer.

Yeah, I use an express card. makes it easier.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast