Launchpad LED problems??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Launchpad LED problems??

Mapped the LP to 4 decks in Traktor 2 Pro, 8 hotcues per deck, a play button per deck, beat jumps, and a couple other things, like loops activate on the scene launch buttons on the side.

Everything else (mixer/fx wise) I'm doing on a korg nanoKontrol.

Has anyone mapped a LaunchPad to Traktor? the LEDs get inverted sometimes, not sure why...

Sometimes they go away completely. I don't want to put masking tape on my buttons, that would be a shame since it has the LEDs as part of what makes the whole thing cool... And usable at night...

Is this some Automap stupidity? Has anyone had problems (or better luck with APC)?

never had those issues with my launchpad but i don't use automap. are you using some functionality from automap that you actually need? i've only used the lp connected directly with traktor, via midikatapult or my own midimasher app.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

I didn't know you could use it without automap!

UNINTSTALLING!

I wonder if Automap is what killed my windows.... (win7 32bit on the laptop and whenever traktor, live, or automap opens (and the LEDs light up) the whole system crashes - mouse freezes, have to hard reset.... pita)

Quote Originally Posted by LmnLm3 View Post
    I didn't know you could use it without automap!

UNINTSTALLING!

I wonder if Automap is what killed my windows.... (win7 32bit on the laptop and whenever traktor, live, or automap opens (and the LEDs light up) the whole system crashes - mouse freezes, have to hard reset.... pita)
    yup - no need for automap that i'm aware of unless u need some features of automap. you just refer to the launchpad pads by their own note numbers.

this is the config file i use which might or might not help http://djism.com/lua/launchpad.lua tho with midi learn in traktor you'll see what the note numbers are anyway ofc.

i haven't played with automap too much so not sure what that gives you over just mapping direct to the lp.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

Novation markets Automap so much that I just assumed I needed it - decided not to upgrade to 10.7 Lion because Automap doesn't work with it.

With that cleared up - does the LP still need drivers? or is it class-compliant? (it keeps crashing my windows computer...)

Quote Originally Posted by LmnLm3 View Post
    Novation markets Automap so much that I just assumed I needed it - decided not to upgrade to 10.7 Lion because Automap doesn't work with it.

With that cleared up - does the LP still need drivers? or is it class-compliant? (it keeps crashing my windows computer...)
    the launchpad needs drivers but unistalling automap won't remove that.

i can see how automap is useful for controllers like the nocturn where it actually does something but not sure about the lp - or at least the lp with traktor. not needed with ableton too tho from what i can tell, tho i do use an old version of live5 mostly which predates the lp.

Tech Wizard

My cpu also crashes when I use traktor with the launchpad (win 7 pro 64bit). I read about this disabling automap (I never actully installed something called automap just drivers does it come in automaticly)?
    I read that I should press and hold user1+user2+mixer and then press down.
    Tried that and couldn't see any response from the launchpad. Is there a way of checking if automap is disabled?
    Can I remove automap completly without compromising my use in Ableton?

A lot of questions but if anyone can help I'll buy a beer next time I see you :-)

Best Regards Jeppe

Quote Originally Posted by DJJJ View Post
    My cpu also crashes when I use traktor with the launchpad (win 7 pro 64bit). I read about this disabling automap (I never actully installed something called automap just drivers does it come in automaticly)?
    I read that I should press and hold user1+user2+mixer and then press down.
    Tried that and couldn't see any response from the launchpad. Is there a way of checking if automap is disabled?
    Can I remove automap completly without compromising my use in Ableton?

A lot of questions but if anyone can help I'll buy a beer next time I see you :-)

Best Regards Jeppe
    installs with the drivers i think - not 100% sure. you'll see an "Automap MIDI" or something like that in your devices. i uninstalled mine. could be that automap was a separate download so maybe u dont have it installed. there's an automap app too - so see if u have that maybe.

i'm not sure what ableton uses automap for as i have a full version of ableton5 that i use (not that i use it too much) which predates the launchpad anyway. not sure if live8le needs automap or not to get the full features...

fyi i have win7 64bit home premium and have never had any issues using my launchpad...

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i'm not sure what ableton uses automap for as i have a full version of ableton5 that i use (not that i use it too much) which predates the launchpad anyway. not sure if live8le needs automap or not to get the full features...
    Ableton doesn't use Automap at all. It runs a different script for it. When the Launchpad being used by Ableton, Automap doesn't interface with the LP. People say you're supposed to press User 1 & 2 + Mixer + the down arrow buttons to switch between Ableton and Automap, but I found out that it works with User 2 + the down arrow.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Wizard

I don't think I have automap installed.
    I bought the launchpad used, and just downloaded the ver 2.2 driver from novation site.

How can I check if it is installed (in device manager it just shows launchpad under sound devices)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast