Sound output help!
    Tech Student

Default Sound output help!

Hi all,

I am currently using a Vestax Spin deck along with Traktor Pro 2. I do not have any good speakers right now to hook up to the master output of the deck and therefore I'm having a hard time really being able to play around with it. The only thing I do have are a pair of logitech computer speakers. My question is if anyone knows a way to be able to use these speakers with the Spin. The only output they have are the 3.5mm jack. I've tried to use RC adapters to go from the speakers into the Vestax but that didn't work. Is there any way to convert these speakers to be compatible, or do I just need to start saving?

Thank you!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

An RCA adapter will work. Did you check that your audio routing was set up correctly?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

I did play around with it but I'm not sure if it was correct. I see a Y-Cable with RCA adapter. So the RCA would go in the Spin and the 3.5mm jack from my Logitech which usually goes into the computer, will go into the female adapter correct?

Tech Student

Also, this might sound like a dumb question but when the spin is connected to my computer, is the sound output coming from my computer/traktor? Or is it coming through my Spin. In other words, do I need a simple Spin-to-speakers connection, or is the connection both through the Spin and speakers?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Spin is connected to computer via USB. Sound is coming out of spin. Your adapter should look like this.

Last edited by photojojo; 08-28-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Ok perfect I will try that out. Thank you so much!