Grid Problems after Traktor Upgrade.
    Tech Convert

Default Grid Problems after Traktor Upgrade.

Have recently upgraded to Traktor Pro 2 from the previous Traktor Pro and my beatgrids are not transferring correctly.

When I load a track it re-analyzes it but it has the load cue points saved and the beatgrids. However, the grids are way off and every track in my collection is producing the same results.

Anybody else have this happen?

Flac tunes ? Traktor Pro 2.0.3 ?
    NI fixed some issues with flac files where Traktor used to eat up some frames at the beginning of these files. 2.0.3 (or maybe 2.0.2, not sure when it was fixed) gives them back to you but it turns out all the cue points are off by a fixed amount.
    So, you're up for a fun little re-gridding/cueing session with your useful tracks.

Tech Convert

Yes, They're Flac tunes, good work.
    Not too excited about re-gridding my whole collection.
    Thanks.

Tech Guru

i recommend analizing whilst you sleep, i did this then reset my load point before i play each song, pain in the ass but had to be done to enjoy to beautiful layout and colours of t2
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dazzle View Post
    Have recently upgraded to Traktor Pro 2 from the previous Traktor Pro and my beatgrids are not transferring correctly.

When I load a track it re-analyzes it but it has the load cue points saved and the beatgrids. However, the grids are way off and every track in my collection is producing the same results.

Anybody else have this happen?
    Turn OFF the option: File Managent > Set Beat Grid When Detecting BPM
    T2 has to reanalyse all your music but it should retain all your previous grids etc.

Do a Consitency Check and chose Analyse.
    Periodically you should click Track Collection and Save Collection. This wil save the analysis just incase Traktor hangs or there a laptop problem. Last thing you want is hours of analysis wasting.

Also, lock your beatgrids if you haven't already... just select the whole collection and it is in the select menu.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

^^and that^^

Tech Convert

All of my grids are locked, turned off the analyze function but am still getting the same results. Seems that the FLAC fix/issue is actually creating my problem.

All the cuepoints (including grid) have been set in a world where everything behaved as if your files actually started later, therefore all the positions/timestamps are wrong. Locking the grids before re-analyzing won't make a difference with that. You can nudge the grid by pretty much the same amount of clicks on each track manually, but you can't nudge all the cuepoints short of deleting/recreating them.

Would be cool of NI to hand out a little tool which will massively nudge saved cuepoints forward... or someone really passionate about flac support to hack the collection/tags and write that tool. I care, but not that much, especially now that I'm done fixing my tunes!
    Last edited by bumtsch; 08-29-2011 at 03:35 PM.