13" Macbook pro on my mind.....???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 13" Macbook pro on my mind.....???

I have been using a 17" ASUS laptop for just about 3 years now and it's been great but a pain when traveling. I have been thinking of getting a 13" for when I'm on the road. At first I wasn't planning on spending too much but now a 13" macbook looks pretty fine!!

How many of you out there use one for DJ'ing? do you find it a bit small?
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

I have a 13" MBP and Its fine for DJing (nothing is left out with Traktor/Serato, sometimes a stretch with Ableton), but does get a bit confined for production as I got used to a 27" display.

i have a 2010 mbp 13", just upped the ram to 8gb & a hybrid SSD 500 gb hd, the thing screams.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I just bought a 13" baseline MBP Friday. If you're considering buying one, you should. There's really no other way of putting that, haha. It's an incredible machine that handles anything I've thrown at it up to this point. Traktor/Serato will scream on it, for sure. I did an improv set yesterday after getting everything setup and transferred over, and it's pretty much amazing.

Right now is a great time to buy one, too - Best Buy and Apple are offering educational discounts + $100 Best Buy/iTunes gift cards. I just told them that I was taking some extra classes and they gave me the discount.

Tech Guru

now you got me thinking..i currently have a 13" MBP and was thinkin in getting a iMac for production but seems like my 13" is limited so i was just gunna but a bigger macbook like a 17" do you think they take up to much space?

sorry for thread jacking
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    now you got me thinking..i currently have a 13" MBP and was thinkin in getting a iMac for production but seems like my 13" is limited so i was just gunna but a bigger macbook like a 17" do you think they take up to much space?

sorry for thread jacking
    LOL no worries.

My first apple product was my iPhone 3GS. Coming from Nokia and Sony the apple is the best phone I've ever had!!

I can't justify buying a new laptop as my 17" ASUS is still going strong, I would love to have the portability of a 13".

I know I'd love the Mac, I'm just trying to find motivation to justify the purchase!!! LOL
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

@JesC, How's the 8GB better than the regular 4GB. Even under heavy usage I don't exceed the 4GB..
    Also got a 13" from early 2010 and loving it. It's got a 60GB SSD for OSX and apps, 500GB 5400rpm HDD.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Macs are cool. I am planning on purchasing one myself, but I am waiting for the macbook refresh which is rumored to be either at Christmas or early 2012. Will be a complete redesign

hmmmm maybe i should wait.......

... you could always wait and wait for new systems....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast