Need help setting up a fader for multi functions. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I got it!!!

In the second part of that article he mentions that even though the invert button is checked, it still applies on direct. I played around with it and got the second effect to turn on HALFWAY through the faders range. I then mapped a duplicate Effect 2 on command and started tinkering some more.... getting it to turn on at random parts in the range till I found the magic combination.

1. Effect parameter 1 Direct
    Effect 1 On Hold
    Effect 1 Amount Relative

2. Effect Parameter 2 On Hold (invert checked)
    Effect Parameter 2 On Direct (invert unchecked)

3. Profit!!!!

Thanks for the help!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

PROFIT!!!!!

Glad you got it sorted
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

U don't need this if I read it right, can't u just use the invert function when turning it on ??

Sorry only read the first page didnt see the second one

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    yeah theres a way of setting it so the mod comes on after you go past a certain value on the fader to turn on an effect etc...
    Well then??... We would all like to know. Me personally, I can do what this guy was originally asking for no problem, but what I want is to have a fader mapped to 2 effects, just like this guy, it starts at the top, i nudge it down a smidgen, my lofi kicks in, make it reach halfway the lofi stays at halfway(like the fader) then go further down past half way and a lowpass filter kicks in and slowly moves up in value with the fader until it reaches the very bottom of the fader range. So pretty much exactly what Ean Golden does! But that crafty troll does not show his secret on that easily because I have not found a straight forward answer from him on how to map that.

Oooold post. This was a trick I used in traktor 1.

Basically you would take the fader down from 100% and it would kick on the beatmasher. As you moved the fader down it would increase the beatmasher rate till you got to the end of the fader travel. When you got to the bottom, a turntable effect would activate and the track would slow down and stop the track.
    After 2.0 the mapping no longer worked.
    I was wondering if this effect control is still possible, and if so, how would you map it?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi funke,
    Attached you'll find a zip file. Unzip it to get TSI that I made for you.
    Once you take a look at it in the controller manager you will notice that my solution involves two modifiers.

Untitled.jpg

Modifier #1: is used to reset the M2 each time you hit the top position.
    Modifier #2: is tracking the distance and calculates when your secondary effect is going to kick in. Note: I've mapped this using Kontrol F1 MIDI mode and the rotary sensitivity of value=24 (this value has worked perfectly for my F1, however if you're using some other controller you might want to experiment with different sensitivity values to find the best result since the fader resolution might not be the same)

My TSI isn't supposed to provide the FX settings or FX selector commands - uses FX Unit#1 and two FX Slots:

FX1: insert Beatmasher
    FX2: insert TTFX

DOWNLOAD: Superknob_FX.zip

Awesome! Thank you so much! It worked perfectly.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Anytimes! I'm glad it worked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12