Did my crossfader just completely fail?
    Tech Wizard

Exclamation Did my crossfader just completely fail?

I was just trying to load different mappings (1.3 vs 1.4), I had 1.4 loaded and everything was working fine, my crossfader was moving back and forth and suddenly it just slowed down and stopped. I doublechecked the curve knob in the back of the VCI. I just noticed that when I move the crossfader, there is no data send light as with every other fader and button. Does this mean my crossfader suddenly went kaput for no reason or does the crossfader not usually light up the 'data send' light anyways?
    Last edited by resorte; 08-29-2011 at 07:04 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The midi light should be flashing even if there's nothing mapped to the cross fader. Have you tried rebooting or loading a mapping you know works? It sounds like from our previous conversation that you bought a homemade arcade mod. I would open it up and check that everything is plugged in correctly.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Wow thats really scary. It just started working again for no reason whatsoever. Ive been gigging with this unit almost every night for months. I had rebooted the unit several times and tried it with and without traktor open. It just wasn't sending any data out (no midi light) for about a half hour there, then I didnt do anything and it started working again. Kind of making me consider carrying a backup unit now if that ever happened at a gig!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Open it up following the arcade mod or fader cleaning tutorials to see where all the screws are and see if the plug for the fader is loose.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Thanks again!