Having Trouble Mixing
    Tech Mentor

Default Having Trouble Mixing

SORRY FOR SPELLING ON PHONE So I have been DJing for a lil bit. I have been djing with real gear for about a year.(numark x6 audio 4 an x1 and custom mapping on the maschine) I am tired of mixing one song to another like a at drops and breakdowns i want to do more complicated things like layer loops and use more than one deck.. One thing im doing is im replacing my x6 and audio 4 for the s4 so i have 4 decks and use my machine for cue point juggling + more control over samples and maybe using maschine beneath traktr and the x1 for decks c and d but for now i feel confined. I want to use acappellas and really lare songs but i need help.. Any DJTT articles related (i know about phrases and mixed in key) or videos sugestions... I want to mix music that wasnt meant to be mixed of that makes sense. BTW if u want to buy an audio 4 or x1 i will probs post that up...

Tech Mentor

help please

Could you be more specific? Sounds like you need to start from zero, start with simple stuff and advance, don't try to learn everything inside out. To start with, the S4 has simple examples how to use the product in the S4 manual, have you tried those?

Experiment. When something works, do it again. That's the only way to learn to do anything creative instead of copying what's been done.

Tech Mentor

i get what you mean by asking me about the s4... forget that this is less of a gear related issue... I just feel like i dont want to play one song after another.... Ive done the switching at drops and such i really want to layer songs are there any tips... Thank yo u for the suggestions on trying things and to c if they work.. its good to be reminded to mess around(i mean that sincerely)

Tech Mentor

There are a bunch of blog posts tagged advanced dj tips... Have you checked then out?

get a bunch of minimal / techno tracks, filter out different instruments, beats, sounds, and then mix them together.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]