http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuDw7...eature=related

ALL DEM FADERS BUTTONS AND KNOBS!!!!!
    JESUS COULDNT EVEN UTILIZE ALL THIS!

You would need like 2 maybe 3 copies of ableton running for this it seems

Though it does look purrrdy

I want one for doing parodies of Star Trek or somethin
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

If I were properly getting into production, I'm pretty sure I couldn't live with less than this:

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

kinda reminds me of my vci100 and my korg km402 turned on in swagmode
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

broken fader at 1:06 :-O
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I noticed this and

that is ridiculous
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    i saw that and laughed
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

I've used the D Control in the video before (attached to a Pro Tools HD3 system), and I've done recording projects that used more faders than were available.

Those things are a freaking gift from god (or whoever paid for them) when you're working on a mixdown. Like…the type of thing that takes hours with a mouse takes minutes with those things.

Seriously.

Now, they're ridiculously overkill for a bedroom producer, since you could buy two very nice cars for the price of one of those things. But, there are reasonable 'budget" options that are just about as good for that application: the SSL Nucleus stands out as an easy choice, as does the Euphonix stuff. Not cheap by any means, but if you're actually doing mixdowns on your own and value your time, they're worth it. Even a Presonus Faderport can make a huge difference.

So, basically my answer to the OP is a resounding "yes, it's necessary." The fact that you don't do anything that would benefit from it doesn't mean the product is useless or even overpriced. If you're actually running a studio, $80,000 is a steal for what those consoles do.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I've used the D Control in the video before (attached to a Pro Tools HD3 system), and I've done recording projects that used more faders than were available.

Those things are a freaking gift from god (or whoever paid for them) when you're working on a mixdown. Like…the type of thing that takes hours with a mouse takes minutes with those things.

Seriously.

Now, they're ridiculously overkill for a bedroom producer, since you could buy two very nice cars for the price of one of those things. But, there are reasonable 'budget" options that are just about as good for that application: the SSL Nucleus stands out as an easy choice, as does the Euphonix stuff. Not cheap by any means, but if you're actually doing mixdowns on your own and value your time, they're worth it. Even a Presonus Faderport can make a huge difference.

So, basically my answer to the OP is a resounding "yes, it's necessary." The fact that you don't do anything that would benefit from it doesn't mean the product is useless or even overpriced. If you're actually running a studio, $80,000 is a steal for what those consoles do.
    then again artists can make some serious bank from some major hit tunes that sell like hotcakes on sale.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Proper tools for proper applications. The music industry is full of things I have no use for and would be overkill for what I could use them for.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast