VCI-100 + Korg NANO
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default VCI-100 + Korg NANO

I'm having some problems getting the Korg Nano and my VCI-100 (1.2) working together, using the 1.6 mapping with added on commands for the korg. (Basically Ean's Korg tsi + Ean's 1.6 mapping)

I can get both to work together, but many of the same MIDI notes are assigned to both the NANO and the VCI.

So essentially, I'll activate a button on the Nano and simultaneously activate a VCI function as well. I do not know how to change the MIDI outputs on either and would be clueless trying to.

I am aiming to use the first scene for cue drops (as in ean's video) and then add more functions to other scenes or possibly control live with it (which i dont have)

Can anyone help by either walking me thorough what to do, or could one of you GENIUS GURUS (i.e. Ean) whip up a working TSI file for me and the community?

Thanks Everyone
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/emdeeema
    Apple Blackbook/ 320 GB Seagate Free Agent Go!/ 500GB LaCie Backup
    VCI-100 SE/ Korg nanoPAD / Echo Audiofire 2
    Logic Pro 8, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live
    Lots of Weed

Tech Convert

Default Here!

Hey man,

The way to fix it is using to the software that come with the nano controler (korg kontrol editor) to change the global chanel from chanel 1 to chanel 4 (dont forget to load it to the controler, and restart it) , this way all the signals from the nano will be send in Chanel 4 so I wont be using the channels that the VCI is using. (1 and 2 I think)

Let me know if it works.

C.

Tech Convert

Did It Work?

sorry i never got back to you.

turns out that I figured out how to do just that before you posted. worked like a charm!

the settings are in the audio control panel for the nano, and you need the Kontrol editor to do it.

Thanks for the help!
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/emdeeema
    Apple Blackbook/ 320 GB Seagate Free Agent Go!/ 500GB LaCie Backup
    VCI-100 SE/ Korg nanoPAD / Echo Audiofire 2
    Logic Pro 8, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live
    Lots of Weed

Tech Guru

This seems like a popular combo, This is my setup also (until Bento posts his awesome dascratch review, and then I buy one), I have mapped it fairly well, if there is interest I am going to remap and post Ean's 1.7 tsi + (my changes for korg nanopad). I will include a scene with modifiers to allow the touch pad to be quickly switched to control different knobs. Of course a scene for looping, and one for cues, not sure exactly how it will finally look, any input is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    This seems like a popular combo, This is my setup also (until Bento posts his awesome dascratch review, and then I buy one), I have mapped it fairly well, if there is interest I am going to remap and post Ean's 1.7 tsi + (my changes for korg nanopad). I will include a scene with modifiers to allow the touch pad to be quickly switched to control different knobs. Of course a scene for looping, and one for cues, not sure exactly how it will finally look, any input is much appreciated.
    Nice, +1 to a lot of your post. I have interest just to see what you've done...my mapping uses only one scene and controls looping and which effects bank each deck is mapping to.

Tech Guru

I will post my current setup and my plans for final a bit later today, when I don't have to fear my boss walking in and seeing my epic trilogy of writing, leading to my moving to Perth with Bento. See ya soon Bento!
    Last edited by mpetersen3; 03-04-2009 at 01:23 PM.

+1 for the vci+korg nano combo. Haven't gone all that creative on the mapping tho. S1: Cue points,S2: Loops, various FX with the pad (Advanced Beastmaster controls make you go berzerk on the pad ). Oh and I'm reserving one scene for vj purposes (far away in the future).

Tech Guru

once I get the dascratch, I am going to start using all three to combo dj/vj, anyone have any experience with that and how is the time management/pace if you stick to 2 deck mixing with little/no fx (on audio)?

Tech Guru

I know I promised that I would upload my TSI for VCI-100 + Nanopad two days ago, but after working on it for 1 hour wednesday night I have decided that it still needs so much work and is going to take a while to explain so I will instead probably put up a post this weekend as it will let me work out a lot of bugs and sit down and rethink some areas. My apologies. Just as a teaser some things I am working out.

-Remapping DJTT 1.6 mapping (since I run 1.0.2. because it is stable IMO) to reduce redundancy w/ nanopad, and to remove 1.2 fw incompatability areas since I don't have 1.3 fw and certain functions just don't work
    -having an fx section on nanopad to trigger modifiers to allow x/y to controller different effect parameters, and chained/advanced
    -in fx mode also having common assignable fx and a load system
    transport section w/
    -play/pause/sync functions w/e I think isn't redundant.
    -juggle system
    -browse for list
    -page scroll browse
    -sidebar browse
    -I have to get back to work lol
    2nd ed/
    -if you have any suggestions let me know also another scene on nano is a replica of ean golden beatjuggle w/ nano, see article on frontpage.
    Last edited by mpetersen3; 03-06-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast