Where to get your music ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Where to get your music ?

Just wondering where you guys get your music, ive checked the reviews on this site for the record pools and i went for DJ city which i think is a good website but for the music i want its alright but its not exactly great.

The music im looking for is the summer/ibiza sorta stuff.

artists like; avicii, Swedish house Mafia, Guetta, tiesto, daft punk, benny benassi & even stuff like calvin harris, example & laidback luke.

if anyone has any suggestions on the right pool'ing site for these artists & Genre it would be much appreaciated.

thanks !
    tom
    Last edited by TPike; 08-30-2011 at 09:16 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I buy mine from beatport, iTunes, traxsoure and emusic. emusic is usually reserved for odd off the wall stuff and old soul and funk.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i've only used djtunes.com so far. just like their web interface and can find most of what i want there
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Satelliterecords.com, Beatport.com, itunes, Amazon, traxsource

I look things up on beatport and buy them on emusic and amazon. What I can't find on emusic I find on beatport or juno. Checking out traxsource right now. But my favorite place to buy music is Amoeba Records
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    But my favorite place to buy music is Amoeba Records

I lost about 4 hrs of my life in there when I 'just popped in' when the wife an I were on holiday in SF ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I use beatport and Dj City for top 40's

Although I havent downloaded a song in a couple months.

I'm not playing that much out lately and I'm really starting to get to know the tracks I have well. I'm going to start adding them more slowy so I can mix them better in the long run.

Sometimes I feel like beatport should have more songs on it or something.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

I'm checking out DjCity, mymp3pool, and Promo Only.

mymp3pool is nice in that if you email the guy there, he'll give you a few day trial to just look through the collection.

Promo Only seems pretty solid, and I've read great things. I think that site is a bit more dependent on what you mix.

DjCity has a really nice selection of tracks all around, but I've heard mixed things on some of the quality of the tracks they put up (some have said there are more 192 kBs tracks than there should be).

Really, I think it depends on what you're going to mix - there's a pool for like, everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    I lost about 4 hrs of my life in there when I 'just popped in' when the wife an I were on holiday in SF ...
    Hehehe I almost lost friends over that when I visited SF about 10 yrs ago -- caught up with them at a bar down the street a few hours after we walked into the store together and they were like "we learned our lesson - never walk into a record store with a DJ"!

Since then I'm happy to say they opened the LA store about ten blocks from my apartment -- almost too close. I'm unhappy about the number of smaller record stores they put out of business when they came in -- RIP fantastic specialty record stores like This Is Music and WAX as well as Temple of Boom... but I think most of all I miss Aron's Records which was like Amoeba only smaller but a wide variety, great prices, knowledgeable staff, and tons of vinyl. But these stores are all long gone (as are so many more great brick and mortar record stores)....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

If you want solid house tracks, check out www.stompy.com
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast