Important Question about MBP USB Ports?

Default Important Question about MBP USB Ports?

I remember there use to be talk that Macs with 2 ports had one good port and one bad port. Well I have the new 2011 17" i7 Quadcore Macbook Pro with 3 ports on the left. Which is the best port to plug the NS6 into? Closest to me or Furthest to the screen??

i would say the closes to the charge, but nothing like doing a test on all three ports. I wouldnt really worry too much about the new mbp's. I would have to do some digging around on the apple site. but the MBP usb ports spit out 10ma each.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Last year's 2010 was the port closest to the screen, though I did not research the 2011. You can easily test it using this link, which was found on this website.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/07/1...rt-inequality/
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Ok so I opened Activity Monitor on my MBP and transfered a large file to and from the USB to each port and the port the peaked the highest was the the port closest to the screen. I'll be using that one

Apple has flip-flopped over the years on which port they tie the camera to. With a bit of searching, you can find the info. On mine, 17" MBP 2009 the port closest to the screen was shared with the camera but I believe they switched it the following year to the first port. I guess they want to keep the tech geeks on their toes.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Apple has flip-flopped over the years on which port they tie the camera to. With a bit of searching, you can find the info. On mine, 17" MBP 2009 the port closest to the screen was shared with the camera but I believe they switched it the following year to the first port. I guess they want to keep the tech geeks on their toes.
    Lol, yeah now it seems reverse the port closest to the charger and screen is the hottest.