Newbies: If you had no choice but to bring 25kg's every gig, would you bother ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Newbies: If you had no choice but to bring 25kg's every gig, would you bother ?

In light of the number of peeps saying that everything is, too big, too heavy, too arkward etc ...

I hearby ask the question - if you HAD no choice but to bring 25kg+ of gear with you to every gig, would you still be bothered DJing, would you have got started in the first place even ? or would you see it as too much hassle ?

One day when I got some money and some old geezer like yourself gets pissed off at his crates of records and decides to sell them, I'll take em off his hands and lug a few crates one day. I will also get two turntables.

I can see where people going around on planes can want portability due to fees and shit but I used to play in a band and lug around equipment, and I've had my midi controller out on a gig too. Its all alike if you ask me. If its not 25kg plus its 25 cables+. There's good and bad to everything.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

I thought you were talking about nose powder :/ only 25kg
    Anyway, a strange hypothetical. I imagine some dude in Brooklyn back in the day not allowing the night's DJ into the warehouse because (the horror!) he has too much weight. :X

Man its bad enough lugging round two backpacks and a box of beer
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

One day when I got some money and some old geezer like yourself gets pissed off at his crates of records and decides to sell them, I'll take em off his hands and lug a few crates one day. I will also get two turntables.
    Haha, I'd be happy to donate them someday (apart from a few rarities) havent played a single vinyl in the past 4 years (boooooo) and havent had any turntables for over 10 years (boooooer).

And OI! Definetly not that old, just started pretty young

@ Jester.NZ ... good point, less gear, more beer ...

edit: @ Jester.NZ. You have to bring your own beer ?

my brother usually makes me carry plus his CD case!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    my brother usually makes me carry plus his CD case!
    I thought you are the older brother? best be setting him straight. cook me some eggs..........:eek:
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

he's getting married in feb so it will be him cooking all the eggs.

I lug around my coffin case with all my gear to gigs occasionally. Definitely don't mind having to do some lifting in order to get the people dancing!

pfff, what an enormous presumptuous topic this is. Well, good for you, how cool you are... Wow, so old school and awesome...

Just because one day people walked the face of the earth to get places, doesn't mean you can't strive for a better car...

FYI; i've been carrying around vinyl too, so don't go there...
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast