ExpandedXone 3D through game port

Default ExpandedXone 3D through game port

Hi all,

New to this forum, so i thought I'd share my weekend bodge.

Nothing too exotic, but a simple, cheap way of getting more conrolls on your 3D or 4D.

It's based on the schematic provided in the 3D manual. 4 Pushbuttons and 4 rotary faders, nothing more, nothing less.

As I've moved to Traktor Pro 2, it annoyed me that there's no space for "central controlls" (gain, loop recorder etc.). You end up with either an asymmetric map or double mapping of these controlls. I have provisionally mapped it to controll the loop recorder and gain of traktor.

Well, no one bothered to reply. So it's as Lame as I thought it was .

I'll post something way cooler the next time. I am working on multiplexing the the thing to have at least 16 extra knobs. All without using the midi port, just some smart wiring and mapping. I need to figure out if Traktor can have a specific order of Midi commands for it to work (multiple commands mapped to one button, executed in a specific order). I'm now experimenting with a small timed buffer.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Guru

if i thought i could do this with my 1d id be all over it!
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,