Need help with my traktor kontrol s4

Default Need help with my traktor kontrol s4

the 1/4" headphone must have shorted circuted on my traktor kontrol s4because there is no feedback when plugging into it...how do i fix a replacement of a 1/4" input for the s4, please help?
    Last edited by DJ j-ice510; 08-31-2011 at 07:32 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try gently adjusting the nut on the outside of the headphone socket. If that doesn't work you'll need to contact NI as there's no way to fix it on your own.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ok im going to do that right now what type of tool do you recommend for the small adjustment?

Are you using a 1/4" adapter for your headphones? If it's one of the ones with a black plastic sleeve on it, they can break remarkably easily. Try plugging another pair of headphones in if you can.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ j-ice510 View Post
    ok im going to do that right now what type of tool do you recommend for the small adjustment?
    Not pliers, at the very least a crescent wrench. In fact if it's not obvious to you what kind of tool you need to make that adjustment then maybe you shouldn't do it. If you mess the nut up NI could call foul saying you tampered with it and in the process broke it yourself. Not that they would do that, just worst case scenario.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x