Midi Fighter Pro dissapointment
    Tech Mentor

Default Midi Fighter Pro dissapointment

I got the 2500! in the post today and i'm bitterly underwhelmed, the build quality is nice, but the mapping that I got for it is atrocious and for the effort i'll have to put into it to make it useable for what i want a cue point juggler as i thought 'cue-master' would mean? I cant be arsed and will be sending it back.
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

as far as im concerned if I ever bought one in my mind im paying for the controller. The mapping is nice yeah, but as soon as I took it out of the box I would be playing around trying to map it even better. Sorry you feel it was a waste though

Tech Mentor

Hindsight has hit once again... your right. I'll just map it for me! since its a personalized piece of gear too i guess its kinda unique to an extent, so i'll keep it... i'm just a little let down by the 'stock' mappings!
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

What's wrong with the mappings? Something a lot of people don't understand is that even if you buy a cool piece of gear or a really expensive piece of gear it doesn't mean you'll be able to pull it out of the box and use it like you see people in the promos using it. It takes a lot of practice and effort to use good gear to its potential.

I'm not saying you're part of the category, but keep that in mind .

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    even if you buy a cool piece of gear or a really expensive piece of gear it doesn't mean you'll be able to pull it out of the box and use it like you see people in the promos using it.
    great point. The midifighter mappings also take a little while to get used to and explore to their full potential.
    Theyre quite complex and have many layers of functions you might not be aware of yet.

What mapping are you using out of interest?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

I was using the basic cue master mapping, but i've dropped the TSI for the arcade buttons and set them as cue points on the bottom 8, loops on the one above, transport on the top and left the super faders the same

I'm kinda getting my head round how i want it now, playing with some basic cue poing juggles
    Website Soundcloud Email

Quote Originally Posted by towifer View Post
    I was using the basic cue master mapping, but i've dropped the TSI for the arcade buttons and set them as cue points on the bottom 8, loops on the one above, transport on the top and left the super faders the same

I'm kinda getting my head round how i want it now, playing with some basic cue poing juggles

In the cue master mapping when you hit shift and slicer(while slicer isn't activated) the lower 8 buttons are for cue points
    As Flash101uk said there are lot of layers there!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Mentor

I got my Beatmasher yesterday and was playing around with it a bit, but it wasn't until today when I was told that the shift button actually has a purpose that I realized how awesome the stock mappings really are.

I'm basically using the Beatmasher as a cue point juggler, as you put it, and it works very well.

The important thing to remember is that it will take a little time to learn the mappings - you won't just magically know everything about it instantly!

So here's the parts of the mapping I didn't immediately discover - I believe it's the same on the Cuemaster:

Shift + Record Slice = cue point mode
    While in cue point mode, the bottom 8 buttons will set/recall that cue point. Shift + bottom 8 buttons resets that cue point.

Record Slice, and then Shift + Record slice = slicer mode, the bottom 8 buttons now control the slicers parameters.

There's more that I haven't figured out yet. I think the stock mappings will be able to do exactly what you want, but you will need to take some time to figure them out.

EDIT: Try here for some instructions., especially this image.
    Last edited by guywithknife; 08-31-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guywithknife View Post
    Record Slice
    dude wut
    if you clear a dance floor in 30 seconds flat; u dont need them! but they need muzic!

most importantly GET ALL THE BITCHES!
    -Yours truly, The Duck. We all love to f**k a Duck.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ5DollaHolla View Post
    dude wut
    First column, second row: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/att...1&d=1307761277